COMP NSR II cam's? or FRPP HOT ROD CAMS?

DrtyBrd_05gt

Reaction score
Ok guys, im bout to order some cams for my car.. but im still trying to figure out something...should i go with the comp nsr cam's so all i have to do is drop them in with out changing my springs and adding a phase limiter for now.. or frpp hot rod cam's??? wich would one of yall prefer?? .. LMK..??:helpme:

StangPower05

"Pony Up"
Reaction score
Hot Rod's. No need for a spring change with these either as they are fully compatiable with stock drivetrain!!

DrtyBrd_05gt

Reaction score
comps have an aggrissive sound..i like it.. but might be to much..... the hot rods sound mean and more mellow .. i dunno .. thats what i figured.. not only that im looking for a good horse power range and torque gains as well i kinda like the FRPP's

usafimj

Reaction score
I have the Stage II NSR Comp Cams and you don't need to buy a phase limiter. You just remove the stock and drop in the new cams. These cams don't have alot of lope like the Hot Rod but it is noticeable. These cams like to rev to the sky. For the price over the Stage II SPR's I dont think its work it. Your only going to gain about 10hp more for a few hundred dollars more. But its your money and your ride. Good luck and you'll be happy with whichever cam you choose

Jucostud

booooost'd
Reaction score
I have the Stage II NSR Comp Cams and you don't need to buy a phase limiter. You just remove the stock and drop in the new cams. These cams don't have alot of lope like the Hot Rod but it is noticeable. These cams like to rev to the sky. For the price over the Stage II SPR's I dont think its work it. Your only going to gain about 10hp more for a few hundred dollars more. But its your money and your ride. Good luck and you'll be happy with whichever cam you choose
when your N/A, every little hp you can get is worth it. You can only go so far. besides, 300 for 10hp isn't bad... how much do delete plates cost? 300. My cams pull harder up top too.

Jucostud

booooost'd
Reaction score
yes, but i'm not right now:D. I need my hp! When i sell my 305/35/20's, i'm gonna get delete plates and a dyno tune. I need every last bit.

usafimj

Reaction score
Yea I'm gonna build my motor first then throw the whipple. I'm thinking of delete plates and pulleys at the same time

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Im getting the Hotrods installed next weekend, i love the sound and its designed by Ford and tested in the truck racing series. I would attempt the install myself but it requirs a timing lock tool that costs $300 bux but the install is only $500, so its just not worth it. Ford manual says 4 hours but most shops will charge 6 because of the removal of everything else around the cams. Also getting the car tuned by Dan @ Realspeed.

I think the Comps will give you a lil more power but ive heard that you MUST get phase limiters with them. Neither cam requirs a tune but you wont get any more power out of them without a re-tune, youll just get the sound.

My budy just installed Comp SPR Stage 2, it was 12 hours of labor!! and it does not sound as good as the FRPP hotrods but the SPR cams netted him 348RWHP on a Mustand Dyno, thats about 380ish RWHP on a Dynojet, those are great number with stock headers and long tubes / ORH / CAI.

I will let you guys know what numbers i get outa the Hotrods soon, i have CAI / Delete plates/ stock exhuast manifolds n cats.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back