converting a 05 to 07 cooling

SloSVO

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Sup fellas, Anyone have any info on what it takes to convert a 05 cooling system to 07 specs? I guess you need the coolant bridge and that would eliminate the external T-stat housing...Has anyone done this??

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
You need 3 parts (sort of). The 07-up crossover with gaskets, t-stat, and t-stat housing (it all comes together). The upper radiator hose. And the lower radiator hose assembly (big spider looking thing).

I had to do the conversion on my 05 for the Forced Air Performance supercharger install.

Here are the part numbers if anyone's interested:

7R3Z-8C368-D (crossover) retail $134.
KM-4907 (upper hose) Retail $40.
KM-4909 (lower hose assy) Retail $76.

Either I, or any other Ford dealer can get you a lot better pricing on it if interested.

Last edited:

V8SRGR8

Cunning Linguist
Reaction score
What he said. 3 pieces, and the blue gasket.

It's a big improvement as far as engine bay clutter goes.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You need 3 parts (sort of). The 07-up crossover with t-stat, and t-stat housing. The upper radiator hose. And the lower radiator hose assembly (big spider looking thing).

I had to do the conversion on my 05 for the Forced Air Performance supercharger install.

I can get you Ford part numbers on everything you'll need if you'd like.

me too! I think it's a cleaner look. I would like to do it to mine as well. Good post.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You need 3 parts (sort of). The 07-up crossover with gaskets, t-stat, and t-stat housing (it all comes together). The upper radiator hose. And the lower radiator hose assembly (big spider looking thing).

Here are the part numbers if anyone's interested:

7R3Z-8C368-D (crossover) retail $134.
KM-4907 (upper hose) Retail $40.
KM-4909 (lower hose assy) Retail $76.

Either I, or any other Ford dealer can get you a lot better pricing on it if interested.

PM sent

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
05-06 is the same. 07-09 is the new style. 07-09 the t-stat is in the crossover on the drivers side of the engine. The 05-06 the t-stat is remote mounted in the coolant lines and is a big ugly mess.

SloSVO

Village Idiot
Reaction score
so just the two hoses and the crossover assembly??? wow.. if this is so.. I may just keep my paxton..sweet

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is there a cooling "problem" on the 05's or is this more of a cosmetic thing?

Nobody would happen to have a pic of what we are talking about would they?

Redfire

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The bracket for the alternator is different as well. The stock one can be modified or you can get the correct one. There is one mounting hole that is different.

If someone with a PowerHouse kit is thinking of changing to the new style you will need to modify the tee a bit but Mike can make up a new tee that extends the hoses for more clearance.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The bracket for the alternator is different as well. The stock one can be modified or you can get the correct one. There is one mounting hole that is different.

If someone with a PowerHouse kit is thinking of changing to the new style you will need to modify the tee a bit but Mike can make up a new tee that extends the hoses for more clearance.

thank you for catching that!

Alt bracket part #? (anyone)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back