Corbeau FX1 Wide seat in 05-09?

Gab

Bullitthead
Reaction score
Has anyone installed an FX1 Wide seat into an 05-09 Mustang? Searching reveals plenty of talk about the standard and Pro versions of this seat.

Based on the provided measurements by Corbeau, it doesn’t appear the Wide version will fit, but would like to confirm.

SLIKSKILZ

Reaction score
Im about 5' 6" tall. I have a FX1 Pro and when scooted forward the inner side rubs the center console. I dont really think a wider seat will fit. Maybe if you are tall and seat is scooted far back but still seems unlikely.

Gab

Bullitthead
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, the feedback helps!

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I ran the middle width seats from Corbeau, they pretty much fit perfectly. Any wider is prolly a no-go.

Gab

Bullitthead
Reaction score
I ran the middle width seats from Corbeau, they pretty much fit perfectly. Any wider is prolly a no-go.

This is with the FX-1? Just want to clarify, because if so, then yea the wide version won't fit.

SLIKSKILZ

Reaction score
Sorry about the mix up but I just reviewed the seats I ordered and I have the FX1 standards. Not the pro

Gab

Bullitthead
Reaction score
Sorry about the mix up but I just reviewed the seats I ordered and I have the FX1 standards. Not the pro

No worries, thanks for clarifying. That means the wide version likely won’t fit.

I’ll just order the standard model and lose weight. Easier said than done!

SLIKSKILZ

Reaction score
I feel you on that. I'm currently a 38 waist size and I really enjoy the fit of the standard FX1.

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
I was looking at the fx1 wide as well
Im 6' and a 44" waist (big shoulders etc overall big guy not just belly)
Has anyone else tried any seats that would be comfortable to someone my size. My 2018 seats really ephisized how uncomfortable the stock 2005s are (and they are not broken like some I've been in the car only has like 35k on it)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
The middle width FX1 seats fit our car perfectly, the standard is MUCH more narrow. The widest version may not fit. The middle width seats fit a 38 inch waist with room to spare, I'm on the wide side compared to other guys in a 38 so if I am conformable in those seats a littler larger waist would fit fine.

Gab

Bullitthead
Reaction score
The middle width FX1 seats fit our car perfectly, the standard is MUCH more narrow. The widest version may not fit. The middle width seats fit a 38 inch waist with room to spare, I'm on the wide side compared to other guys in a 38 so if I am conformable in those seats a littler larger waist would fit fine.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

Gab

Bullitthead
Reaction score
I was looking at the fx1 wide as well
Im 6' and a 44" waist (big shoulders etc overall big guy not just belly)
Has anyone else tried any seats that would be comfortable to someone my size. My 2018 seats really ephisized how uncomfortable the stock 2005s are (and they are not broken like some I've been in the car only has like 35k on it)

Are you wanting a fixed back or a reclining seat? The only relevant experience I have with your question is that I'm similarly sized as you and fit real well into a Corbeau Forza Wide. Comfortable for longer drives, but a pain to get in/out of. That's why I'm buying an FX1 - it has a lower side bolster to make ingress/egress a little bit easier.

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
I was thinking fixed but am open to a recliner as long as it's not too heavy, car is a once a week toy and I can't make any more power with the stock short block so I figure it's time for a diet. That and after getting an 18 I realized how uncomfortable and in supportive the stock seats are.

SLIKSKILZ

Reaction score
If you're looking to loose the most weight you will need not only the right seats but the right mounts. The corbeau seat mounts for the seats really add some weight. Around 12 lbs if I remember correctly. It's been a while since I weighed them. Fathouse Fabrication makes some sweet adjustable mounts that are very light but pretty pricey for just seat mounts. Going with FX1 and Corbeau mounts youu save almost half the weight of stock powered seats. With a Kirbey or Jegs aluminum seat and Fathouse Fabs mounts you will lose almost another half of that.

Aluminum seat and Fathouse fab adj mounts for weight

FX1 and corbeau mounts, or maybe custom for comfort.

I enjoy the fit and comfort of the FX1. Nice seat for sure

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back