Cross-Country Timelapse (the other way this time!)

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
I would have thought you would have averaged a little better gas mileage!
Anyways cool video.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Cool deal. Did you ship your stuff or sell it?

Sold all my furniture for cents on the dollar and shipped a few boxes on a pallet.

I would have thought you would have averaged a little better gas mileage!
Anyways cool video.

Thanks! I've always gotten subpar MPG with this car :( even after new motor, tunes, etc... it's probably the way I drive more than anything.

What was the blue painters tape on the drivers door?

I used the tape to hold down a long charging cable for the camera.

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Definitely a cool video man! I would love to take a cross country drive in my Mustang.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those were awesome. Great choice in music. I wish I would have done that when I towed the car to Tenn for a race. I do go up to Montana twice a year, thinking I will try it for that trip.

On the first one, how often did your camera take a picture? 1 per minute?

On the second one, what resolution did you film at?, as I would imagine HD would be one hell of a file size.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Those were awesome. Great choice in music. I wish I would have done that when I towed the car to Tenn for a race. I do go up to Montana twice a year, thinking I will try it for that trip.

On the first one, how often did your camera take a picture? 1 per minute?

On the second one, what resolution did you film at?, as I would imagine HD would be one hell of a file size.

On the first trip from CA to MA, I think I had it set every 10 seconds--I ended up having to cut a lot out. I usually compile the timelapse at 8fps or so, and then I speed it up even more in video editing.

On the MA to CA (this one), I had it set every minute. The pictures were all taken at 11MP and then shrunk down to 1440x1080 for 1080p video size.

The Route 66 portion is filmed at 1080p HD at 30fps.

Let me know if you get bored and wanna try it, I'm in the LA area now and you're more than welcome to use my camera (it's a GoPro Hero 2). The Hero 2 can do 720p @ 60fps, which is way nicer if you film racing or other high speed stuff but word on the street is that youtube only supports 30fps anyway.

If you don't have a GoPro yet, I recommend one because they are easy to use and fairly cheap. The only downside of the GoPro is the sound absolutely sucks unless you hook up an external mic.

DRock

Reaction score
Where ya at in SoCal?!? It would be cool to meet up with you and you can meet a few of the guys out this way

DRock

Reaction score
Hell man. A good amount of us hang out on TruForums.com. We have a bunch I shows or us just hanging out on that site!

Come on out and join us sometime!

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Hell man. A good amount of us hang out on TruForums.com. We have a bunch I shows or us just hanging out on that site!

Come on out and join us sometime!

I signed up :crazy:

I actually do need some help with my car, or at least a shop recommendation.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back