Custom Turbo Kit for 2011 V6 3.7

francodv1

Reaction score
I will soon have a custom built turbo for my Mustang 2011 V6 3.7. I would like to know in which intercooler kit, bov, wastegate, and turbine brands I can fully trust.

r.barn

forum member
Reaction score
Bit too vague of a question ....... need more details and budget constraints.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
If you need to "fully trust" your items:

- Garret turbo; Let me say it again, Garret turbo.
- Tial or HKS Wastegate, Deltagates have been known to boost creep a little under
load. The wastegate the one part you do not want to cheap on.
- HKS or Tial BOV, this one really is just personal opinion. The HKS SSQV and the Tial Qbov50 are great pieces and sound the best.

r.barn

forum member
Reaction score
Or you could go with a new Borg Warner EFR turbo built and tested to OEM standards and has the waste gate and BOV built into the turbo and call it a day.

r.barn

forum member
Reaction score
Internally actuated waste gates are not my cup of tea.

You havent seen the new Borg Warner EFR turbos then.

They started with a blank piece of paper and made an internal waste gate like it should be made. The new EFR turbos are not ANYTHING like the old Garrett turbos. The small ones have 36mm w/g ports with divided flow housings that channel as much as 40+% of exhaust gases thru the waste gate opening.

Look it up. You will be incredibly impressed with the design.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
You havent seen the new Borg Warner EFR turbos then.

They started with a blank piece of paper and made an internal waste gate like it should be made. The new EFR turbos are not ANYTHING like the old Garrett turbos. The small ones have 36mm w/g ports with divided flow housings that channel as much as 40+% of exhaust gases thru the waste gate opening.

Look it up. You will be incredibly impressed with the design.

Saw it at SEMA, still not my cup of tea.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you need to "fully trust" your items:

- Garret turbo; Let me say it again, Garret turbo.
- Tial or HKS Wastegate, Deltagates have been known to boost creep a little under
load. The wastegate the one part you do not want to cheap on.
- HKS or Tial BOV, this one really is just personal opinion. The HKS SSQV and the Tial Qbov50 are great pieces and sound the best.

Borg-Warner makes the best turbochargers on the market, period.

HKS no longer sells parts in the USA. TiAL makes a better BOV and actually sells rebuild kits.

Bobby

turbo gt about to go fast
Reaction score
just out side of charlotte north carolina
tial blow off valve or turbo xs, tial waste gate, comp turbo (triple ceramic ball bearing with billet wheel) the best turbo by far. believe me i have tried a bunch. by the way borg-warner is a lower end turbo not high end. dont get me wrong they are an ok turbo but not the best. i can name several that will make more power per pound of boost and spool up faster also.

francodv1

Reaction score
I've heard that TIAL, HKS, and TurboSmart are the best brands for the wastegate and bov. Im being offered 2 used garrett turbos for $750, to setup twin turbo kit. Between all parts and labor its about $4500-$5000.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Borg-Warner makes the best turbochargers on the market, period.

HKS no longer sells parts in the USA. TiAL makes a better BOV and actually sells rebuild kits.

HKS is actually not out of business, wait a few months and you will understand.

Nickoli

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
everyone is going to love what they have and say it's the best. That being said precision turbo FTW! There is a reason all the big dogs run them...

Bobby

turbo gt about to go fast
Reaction score
just out side of charlotte north carolina
precision is a great turbo i have used theirs before and it is awesome. the new turbo i use is a brand new company that is on the leading edge of technology. i would put precision just behind comp but in the same ball park. if i couldnt get a comp turbo i would be using precision.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
tial blow off valve or turbo xs, tial waste gate, comp turbo (triple ceramic ball bearing with billet wheel) the best turbo by far. believe me i have tried a bunch. by the way borg-warner is a lower end turbo not high end. dont get me wrong they are an ok turbo but not the best. i can name several that will make more power per pound of boost and spool up faster also.

Completely wrong. :roflmao:

Borg-Warner is not low end. They make OEM turbochargers for Audi, BMW, and others. If a turbocharger is designed for OEM use, it will last longer than junk made by a lot of aftermarket companies. Take a look at the Borg-Warner EFR turbo and then tell me it's low-end.

Hell, Cosworth uses them in their racing engines. Low end my butt.

Here, do some reading and edumacate yourself:

http://www.motoiq.com/partners/borg_warner_turbo_systems.aspx

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_arti...id/1750/borgwarner-efr-turbo-feature-set.aspx

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Borg Warner is an awesome company, much better than anything made by PTE.

Mikes5.0

forum member
Reaction score
If I were to build a twin turbo V6 stang it would have the listed items.

Twin Gt3071r .64
Tial Bov(s)
Tial Wastegates
TDM FMIC with piping
Big injectors
I prefer Cast Iron Exhaust Manifolds but since non are available Id have TDM Fab some stainless steel ones up.
bla..bla.. bla..

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Twin 3071s would be WAY to much... but I like where your heads at. A single 35r would probably be pretty good fit for a 4 liter.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back