Custom Turbo Kit for 2011 V6 3.7

Mikes5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Twin 3071s would be WAY to much... but I like where your heads at. A single 35r would probably be pretty good fit for a 4 liter.

I ran a similar setup on my 300zx, 3 liter but used twin gt2860rs. Great spool great top end. Wanted to run the 3071's but I just couldn't convince myself to deal with the lag since the engine was too small. The 3.7 might be able to handle it better as long as its built. lol A gt35r would be a great option as well.

Bobby

turbo gt about to go fast
Reaction score
just out side of charlotte north carolina
Completely wrong. :roflmao:

Borg-Warner is not low end. They make OEM turbochargers for Audi, BMW, and others. If a turbocharger is designed for OEM use, it will last longer than junk made by a lot of aftermarket companies. Take a look at the Borg-Warner EFR turbo and then tell me it's low-end.

Hell, Cosworth uses them in their racing engines. Low end my butt.

Here, do some reading and edumacate yourself:

http://www.motoiq.com/partners/borg_warner_turbo_systems.aspx

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_arti...id/1750/borgwarner-efr-turbo-feature-set.aspx

they are good for factory and maybe longevity, but they just dont make as much power or trq per pound of boost.

r.barn

forum member
Reaction score
yea i know a measure of resistance. i meant same turbo kit and same motor, just swap turbos.

There is a lot of half truth, but not all the truth there.

There are WAY too many variables in compressor and turbine efficiency dynamics vs. what engine it is being applied to, to make the blanket statement they are always better. They may have just put a better sized turbo on vs. a better brand

Precision makes good turbos, but at the end of the day it is nothing but a Garrett knock-off with some tweaking. Garrett and B/W are the two companies that everyone else copies to make their "in house" turbos.

This is why you only see turbine flow maps provided by Garrett and B/W and actually only B/W provides the proper "Phi" flow graphs that take into account the pressure ratio difference pre and post turbine that you really need to properly size the Hot Side, which is much more complicated than sizing the compressor.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
they are good for factory and maybe longevity, but they just dont make as much power or trq per pound of boost.

yea i know a measure of resistance. i meant same turbo kit and same motor, just swap turbos.

WTF? Psi is strictly a unit of measure...

First, BW turbos are AWESOME. Their extended tip NON BB turbos are competing against others manufacturers billet compressors with BB housings and doing VERY WELL. The new turbo from them is a game changer for sure. For those not in the know, too bad for you.

Secondly, PSI is only half the equation, the other part is CFM. Two identical engines with only differently sized turbos WILL make different HP at the same PSI. Reason being is that a bigger turbo will be flowing more CFM at that same PSI than the smaller turbo. More CFM is more power.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
First, BW turbos are AWESOME. Their extended tip NON BB turbos are competing against others manufacturers billet compressors with BB housings and doing VERY WELL. The new turbo from them is a game changer for sure. For those not in the know, too bad for you.

Secondly, PSI is only half the equation, the other part is CFM. Two identical engines with only differently sized turbos WILL make different HP at the same PSI. Reason being is that a bigger turbo will be flowing more CFM at that same PSI than the smaller turbo. More CFM is more power.

Volumetric efficiency is also thrown into the mix.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back