Dakota Digital speedometer converter

Draggon

Reaction score
I have installed a Tremec Magnum XL in my 2013 Mustang
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Dakota Digital SGI-5E speedometer converter unit?
The instructions and adapters they included in the kit are Very very generic....
I have looked on the web but have not found anything.
and / or does anyone make a wiring harness adapter so this is more of a plug and play?

Draggon

Reaction score
Thanks,
I have all those parts and the manual and emaied Dakota
But it looks like I need to cut the connector off of the stock wiring harness and run those wires to the Dakota box (did not want to cut the stock harness)
That is all well and good but short of ohm-ing all the wires on the stock harness I do not know what each wire is (no instructions or schematics provided)
I was hoping someone would know the color codes on the stock harness just to double check the signals
plus it would have been nice if the kit would have came with a actual installation schematic and base line settings for the Dakota unit (no help so far)
They sell these kits all the time.... I can not be the only one that has installed a Tremec Magnum XL in a Mustang.
I guess I am expecting too much after spending $6500 on a "kit"
Not happy with the Tech support so far from the company I purchased this "KIT" from

travelers

Reaction score
I wouldn't cut the original harness. just get a repair pigtail for the speed sensor from ford.

Draggon

Reaction score
sorry
A repair kit will not help
I need the other end (the connector the sensor has on it)
a Tremec XL uses a 2 wire speed sender
The stock Ford is a three wire sender

travelers

Reaction score
The American power train link has the 2 wire harness. It's been a year and a half since I did mine.

Draggon

Reaction score
Does anyone know the pin outs for the stock Ford speed sender? (3-wire)
I use a volt meter here is what I got

One is ground
One has 4.99 volts
one has 11.8 volts

any one know what one is the signal wire? (4.99 volts wire or the 11.8 voltwire)

brembo12

Reaction score
I replaced the ERA that the installer installed outside on top of the TREMEC MAGNUM XL and got moisture inside. (no rubber seal?) Not good. I replaced it with the Dakota SGI-5E using Output 2 and a CAL of about 2.85. This is with 3:73 OEM gears. I am still fascinated why they installed it outside the cabin. JPC/Abbott will tell you this is a no no. I have a new ERA just in case this set up don't last etc......good luck. :) I am not on here much I will try to get a signature one of these days. 2012 Mustang GT.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back