Detailing Questions-Answered

Discussion in 'Keeping it Clean' started by DKS, Aug 11, 2010.

1. 00blkvert

00blkvert forum member

The worst part is of I didn't spend all that money on detailing stuff id be half way to a used supercharger lol but im past the so much go fast come to the conclusion looks, suspension then power

2. GrnBullitt08

GrnBullitt08 Dale Jr

I'm the same way... I've spent some serious cash on detailing products last year

3. 28ONE

28ONE Senior Member

It all started with Black Friday....been making weekly contributions since then lol

4. 00blkvert

00blkvert forum member

I haven't done that much but probably an order or 2 a month.

5. 28ONE

28ONE Senior Member

I'm set on product n supplies for at least a couple of years or at least till some new shit comes out lol

6. 00blkvert

00blkvert forum member

Well I agree with the new stuff part. Lol

7. 28ONE

28ONE Senior Member

hooked on coatings lately...coated my brembos today

8. 00blkvert

00blkvert forum member

Unfortunately I dont have a need for coatings well maybe my wife's edge...hmmmm

9. 28ONE

28ONE Senior Member

definitely makes cleaning a breeze

10. 00blkvert

00blkvert forum member

Ya I have to correct her car badly so maybe when I do that ill do opti coat or a gtechniq

11. GrnBullitt08

GrnBullitt08 Dale Jr

It becomes addicting that's for sure, but it's cheaper then modifying the car. Detailing products don't add up as fast as wheels, motors, superchargers, etc..... My other half could care less about the detailing stuff because I've made more money using the product then what I've actually bought.

I'm gonna have my hands full with the DD Scion resto before I trade it in. The paint on that thing is a mess....I'll be sure to post some photos of that.

12. 28ONE

28ONE Senior Member

OC would be the way to go, less to worry about. I wish Autoality carried more coatings...nice having detailers club membership!

My priorities have shifted, getting married in august so no mods for now. The ride is waiting for a Whipple or I keep going back and forth over getting a 5.0, nice not having a car payment! I just hit 48500 miles. If I get a 5.0 its gonna be a 2014 model, sure I'll be able to get a good deal when 15's come out. Definitely not get black!!! I should detail on the side, but takes up too much of my time. Wifey wouldn't like that lol

13. mikeysgt

mikeysgt forum member

How much is the usual charge for a 2 stage paint correction and detail for a car? Took me a long time to get my car detailed. I wouldn't mind doing it on the side for extra cash. Especially if it's only a quicker one using 205, blacklight, lava and v07 on the paint.

14. Torched S197

Torched S197 forum member

Anywhere from 6-1200 depending on the size of the vehicle

Also depends on what products you use

15. mikeysgt

mikeysgt forum member

Damn really??? what if its a car and I use the same stuff I used on my car

Clay bar
    Blacklight
    Lava
    V07

Plus the interior detailing stuff. I have a couple friends wanting me to do their cars

16. Torched S197

Torched S197 forum member

I'd probably charge 8 for somebody off the street. Being a friend I'd cut em some slack but without seeing you never really know. I can also finish a car a little faster with my flex than you'd be able to with the PC

17. mikeysgt

mikeysgt forum member

Man I thought 200 bucks would be the going rate haha. I'm definitely going to try and see of any of them would be remotely interested.

18. GrnBullitt08

GrnBullitt08 Dale Jr

Mikey,

For a 2-Stage Correction on a car I charge $250.00, larger SUVs and trucks are $350.00

For extensive (full) correction it's time and material.... I'm doing a 33' offshore racing catamaran right now which I'm charging $1,500.00 for, but that's about as high as I've got.

19. GrnBullitt08

GrnBullitt08 Dale Jr

That's really high^^^

That will be a hard market for sure.

20. Bullitt 3309

Bullitt 3309 forum member

At the end of the day your time is money, just depends on how you value it. This is the main reason I can't do it as a pro. I am a perfectionist and will take as long as needed to get the results I want. The flex does help alot, as will the newer sealants coming from CarPro.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.