Detailing Questions-Answered

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What is the Black Diamond you speak of?

Sorry, meant the Blackfire Wet Diamond. It may have just been me, but I wasn't all that impressed with the finish. Obviously your car is amazing to look at so I know you have had good results with it. Mine didn't come out as I had hoped when using it.

Vbshelbygt

Doug's Speed Shop
Reaction score
I took my car to a local shop to get some crap out of the paint and do it up but it was not good. The first time ever I washed it all came off. Turned out they used Imperial hand glaze. When I picked it up it looked great but first wash it came off. I use Eagle1 nano and it looks good but need your shine. Seems like I need a good polish

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Sorry, meant the Blackfire Wet Diamond. It may have just been me, but I wasn't all that impressed with the finish. Obviously your car is amazing to look at so I know you have had good results with it. Mine didn't come out as I had hoped when using it.

Odd, I've never heard of anyone who tried it that didn't love it.

I took my car to a local shop to get some crap out of the paint and do it up but it was not good. The first time ever I washed it all came off. Turned out they used Imperial hand glaze. When I picked it up it looked great but first wash it came off. I use Eagle1 nano and it looks good but need your shine. Seems like I need a good polish

Polishing out all the imperfections makes one hell of a difference before you wax or seal, that's for sure.

Vbshelbygt

Doug's Speed Shop
Reaction score
I you have said.
Polish then wax then seal. That's the order ? And what works best brand wise for black. Thanks

bullitt 736

Reaction score
Wash
Clay
Rewash if you wish
Polish
Seal
Wax

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I you have said.
Polish then wax then seal. That's the order ? And what works best brand wise for black. Thanks

No, polish, then seal, then wax. Sealant has to bond to the paint/clear. It can't bond if there is wax between the sealant and the finish. Don't worry, everybody thinks you seal last, it just sounds like it would make sense, lol

I suggest Black Fire Wet Diamond sealant and Natty's Blue or Red for wax. Unless you're wanting to spend an arm and a leg. Then you should listen to Nasty, and get some Souveran or some #16 if you can find it (good luck)

Wash
Clay
Rewash of you wish
Polish
Seal
Wax

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

:thumb2:

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Blackfire and nattys blue on the way!

Just remember with the Black Fire Wet Diamond it's very important to shake it well, as with any sealant. And with both products, less is more. Use thin coats and you'll be much happier with the results.

swervo

forum member
Reaction score
I just bought some BFWD and AGHD. Haven't use the BFWD, but have used AGHD over Wolfgang sealant. I want to get some Menzerna polishes and Chemical guys ez-creme too. For a quick detailer, I need to get some more FK 425.

nv4gt ws

RedShift
Reaction score
Just remember with the Black Fire Wet Diamond it's very important to shake it well, as with any sealant. And with both products, less is more. Use thin coats and you'll be much happier with the results.
you need to enter your car in the mustang club of america grand national show in dc.

Vbshelbygt

Doug's Speed Shop
Reaction score

Thanks I will do that. Me and Bro are going to detail it up this weekend

Vbshelbygt

Doug's Speed Shop
Reaction score
DSC01173-1.jpg
DSC01178.jpg

LegendLives

Reaction score
I'm soon going to pull the trigger and get the Porter Cable 7424XP and attemp my first time ever use of a polisher. I hope I dont screw anything up.
I have very mild swirls and scratches, products? pads?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back