DO deck lid spoilers work ??????

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
I looked at alot of threads on spoilers but could not find answer ( I suck at searching ). For drag cars running 11.0's and faster does a spoiler help and if so witch one is best, any of the factory or aftermarket ones like Skinny Kid racing sells. I like the no spoiler look, but i have 4 little black plugs to look at.

If they do not help, do they hurt?

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't think any real gains for a car running 11s, maybe 9s

wazslow

forum member
Reaction score
Over 150mph you will start to notice a difference. An 11 second car isnt going to see anything and a race spoiler looks rediculous on a slow car.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
According to the wind tunnel results that Ford did when they developed the FR500S. You need either a spoiler that extends well beyond the back of the deck lid or one that extends over the decklid at least 8". Without a wing, our chassis has considerable lift that starts at 150 MPH. I have noticed that my car has a tendancy to start spinning the tires once I hit 160 MPH but is fine at speeds less than that. For most drag cars, A wing is not important.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
According to the Shelby site, when testing for the KR, they discovered that the '05-'09 v6 spoiler provided more high speed downforce than any other factory spoiler. That will fill the holes and be functional to some degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black_GT

SIIXVII
Reaction score
According to the Shelby site, when testing for the KR, they discovered that the '05-'09 v6 spoiler provided more high speed downforce than any other factory spoiler. That will fill the holes and be functional to some degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn...who woulda thought.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
According to the wind tunnel results that Ford did when they developed the FR500S. You need either a spoiler that extends well beyond the back of the deck lid or one that extends over the decklid at least 8". Without a wing, our chassis has considerable lift that starts at 150 MPH. I have noticed that my car has a tendancy to start spinning the tires once I hit 160 MPH but is fine at speeds less than that. For most drag cars, A wing is not important.

Damn.... Double Damn.. props man. If my car started spinning at 80 I'm puckering up and letting off the throttle quick.... 160 and I'd straight up shit myself and cry.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back