Does the FRPP ProCal tune remove top speed limit?

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
My understanding is that my 2013 GT manual is electronically limited to I think 146 MPH maximum speed. I have the the FRPP ProCal tune installed and the information I have talks about adding net 16hp and 9 ft.lb. torque, with a boost of 60 ft.lb. at 1500 RPM. No information that I could find about the top speed limit. I have obviously not had a chance to test this! Does anyone know?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I had no idea they were limited to 146mph. I've had mine to 140 and backed off, it was still pulling strong.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do need to go faster than 146? I can under standing wanting too.

ddd4114

forum member
Reaction score
I'm almost positive I was hitting the speed limiter on the dyno with the FRPP tune and had to remove it with HPTuners. It's been a little too long for me to remember exactly.

Also, while there is a pretty big boost in low-end torque, don't expect to make that much more power unless you're also going from 87 octane to 93 octane at the same time.

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
I'm almost positive I was hitting the speed limiter on the dyno with the FRPP tune and had to remove it with HPTuners. It's been a little too long for me to remember exactly.

Also, while there is a pretty big boost in low-end torque, don't expect to make that much more power unless you're also going from 87 octane to 93 octane at the same time.

Can't get 93 octane where I live but the tune I have is for 91 Octane, which is available. The instructions actually say do not use 87 anymore. Even stock, the ECU will take advantage and make more power with premium vs. regular gas now with the tune the ability accommodate regular is gone.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back