Door Panel Fix

Discussion in 'Keeping it Clean' started by Rick Simons, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Gab

Gab Bullitthead

Great, thanks for the reply!

ShelbySteve likes this.
  2. Rich

Rich Member

I spent $30 on ebay pleather, black piping cord and Loctite spray adhesive and the results were better than I anticipated. It's held up well for 11 months now.

Door Insert.jpg

3. jlmotox

jlmotox forum member

Had these on for a few months now and they are way better than the sagging leather I had on there before!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Rich

Rich Member

jlmotox, are those the Coverlay inserts? If they are, is the face a soft material or hard plastic?

5. jlmotox

jlmotox forum member

Yea they are the inserts and they are hard plastic

Rich likes this.
  6. 05stroker

05stroker Never enough power guy!

You get them at AM?

7. jlmotox

jlmotox forum member

CARiD.com they have a bunch of colors

8. Rich

Rich Member

Cool, thanks for the info buddy. I thought about doing those earlier this year, but I couldn't find out if they had a soft or hard surface so I just used pleather and welt cord.

jlmotox likes this.
  9. ShelbySteve

ShelbySteve Member

Looks real good. What did you use to put the blue around the coverlay panel?

10. jlmotox

jlmotox forum member

Thanks it’s just some 1/8” welt piping I found on eBay. I originally had it with my stock door panel and it helped hold the edges from sagging.

ShelbySteve likes this.
  11. OLD 96

OLD 96 Junior Member

New member here. I know this is a old thread. I just bought the Coverlay inserts for my 2008 GT. Deciding on whether to pull backing fabric off down to plastic of put on over the backing fabric. Any updates on this subject is appreciated.

12. FredB66

FredB66 Member

I pulled the old vinyl off and wire brushed off as much off the old adhesive as I could. I did mine with the panels removed. Sand bags/weights to hold the panels down while curing is helpful.

OLD 96 likes this.
  13. Huberoy123

Huberoy123 Junior Member

I recommend doing it the way FredB66 did his. Mines have been on for several years and no problems.

OLD 96 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.