Drippy, drippy, how do you dry your ride?

BSell

forum member
Reaction score
Washed the 'new to me' GT today and was frustrated by the 'ninja' water sneaking out from under the hood scoop and rear spoiler.

It seemed like after 'winning' every skirmish, ninja reinforcements arrived and messed up the 'battle field!'

So how do you win the war on water?

Brian

Wyld

408 C6
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Absorber works good, I also hate the water that comes out of that fake scoop. Stuff a paper towel in the front of it and go for drive and it should catch all of it.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
+3...the absorber FTMFW!!

cobra_4

forum member
Reaction score
Usually the absorber unless Im in a hurry then I use a blade. I can never get all the water out from under the scoop though.

thecarter13

forum member
Reaction score
absorber followed by an air compressor with a little nozzle on the end to get any water out of nooks and crannies. A leaf blower also works.

dv8uagain

Worthless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I use 2 big microfiber drying towels but the best thing you can do is open the trunk and dry out the area where the water pools up around the rubber weather stripping. also around your rear lights it gets in there too and while the trunk is up the water will run out from the wing and onto the trunk surface for you to dry up. Now the front bumper ninja that's a whole different approach on science I haven't mastered yet. It seems the area around the fog lights holds enough water to fill up a bathtub.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just bought a microfiber drying towel...I'm looking forward to using that and not leaving cloth fibers.

First, I use a California Water Blade to get the majority of the water off. Then I pull out the leaf blower to get the water out of the gaps (windows, mirrors, body panel gaps, etc). After that I towel down the rest of the exterior. Finally I open the doors, trunk, and hood and dry out that area with a towel.

These cars hold water like crazy...it's damn near impossible to get everything right away. You kinda have to wait out the water and wipe it when it rears its ugly head. =]

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We're supposed to be washing these things?:thud:

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just drive real fast and once I park, wipe off whatever's left....but I use a chamois otherwise, a real one.

Speeddmn

forum member
Reaction score
+76 absorbore! I put light pressure on the front bumper under the grill to allow that water to drain, but it helps I have a mountain for a driveway and let gravity work for me also.

Other then take my time and shove the absorbor into all the nooks and stuff.

thecarter13

forum member
Reaction score
I use 2 big microfiber drying towels but the best thing you can do is open the trunk and dry out the area where the water pools up around the rubber weather stripping. also around your rear lights it gets in there too and while the trunk is up the water will run out from the wing and onto the trunk surface for you to dry up. Now the front bumper ninja that's a whole different approach on science I haven't mastered yet. It seems the area around the fog lights holds enough water to fill up a bathtub.

try an air compressor or a leaf blower, might have to work it a little while but it will eventually come out. :thumb:

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
Luckily (?) I live in an area where keeping your car dry and spot free is an exercise in futility..so I don't bother. But canned air is great for blowing stuff out of nooks and crannies if you lack a compressor..

Wyld

408 C6
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Rinse it out with WARM water the first time.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back