Drippy, drippy, how do you dry your ride?

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
I go for a lap around the block to coax out the last water and wipe it off with a microfiber cloth.

This is the only way that works... You can blow air at crevices all you want but as soon as you give it some throttle you will get drips. After a few laps aroudn the block just hit the spots with a lil instant detailer spray and a terry cloth towel.

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
+1 on the shop vac with the blower setting, but with a 20 foot hose. Takes a little longer and no scratches.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I use the "Spot free Rinse" at the local car wash after having hand washed the car. I then use a blade to get the water off the windows and roof. Then, I go for a drive of 5 miles down a certain road where I can hit 100 a couple of times without fear of getting caught. By the time I get home, the only water left is on the trunk. I blow that off with a gas powered leaf blower or with my air compressor. Then I'm done. Anything I didn't get doesn't leave any marks because of the spot free rinse.

If I'm going to wax the car, I wash it at home with my pressure washer and the Mr/ Clean spot free rinse attachment. It's getting harder and harder to find the filters for it though. But even if I don't use the Mr. Clean thing, I get right on it with the Absorbatowel after having used my leaf blower to get most of the water off of it. I try VERY hard not to use anything like cloths to dry my car. The blade works great, but if you missed something lower on the car, you'll end up scratching the hell out of it. The roof never has anything left over on it though, so I feel fine using it up there.

SPOT FREE RINSE is the shit though. Make sure you soak the review mirrors, scoops, glass and the hood/truck runners/crevices. Then drive the car to dried out perfection.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I use the "Spot free Rinse" at the local car wash after having hand washed the car. I then use a blade to get the water off the windows and roof. Then, I go for a drive of 5 miles down a certain road where I can hit 100 a couple of times without fear of getting caught. By the time I get home, the only water left is on the trunk. I blow that off with a gas powered leaf blower or with my air compressor. Then I'm done. Anything I didn't get doesn't leave any marks because of the spot free rinse.

If I'm going to wax the car, I wash it at home with my pressure washer and the Mr/ Clean spot free rinse attachment. It's getting harder and harder to find the filters for it though. But even if I don't use the Mr. Clean thing, I get right on it with the Absorbatowel after having used my leaf blower to get most of the water off of it. I try VERY hard not to use anything like cloths to dry my car. The blade works great, but if you missed something lower on the car, you'll end up scratching the hell out of it. The roof never has anything left over on it though, so I feel fine using it up there.

SPOT FREE RINSE is the shit though. Make sure you soak the review mirrors, scoops, glass and the hood/truck runners/crevices. Then drive the car to dried out perfection.

Be glad you don't have a black car. That is all I have to say about that, lol

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Sheet rinse, leaf blower, dry with a water sprite, leaf blower again on the cracks, water sprite again for any leftovers then hit any waters spots or streaks with some instant detailer.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Be glad you don't have a black car. That is all I have to say about that, lol

Yeah, my last three cars have been black. I'm now in my 40's, so that's why I went with a red car! I didn't use the same wash regimen for those cars as I do now.

Black looks awesome....the best color out there when it's done right but just removing the dirt is an in-depth PITA. But man, that's like trying to remove Tammy Faye Bakers makeup. It's gonna take a long fucking time to do it and once you do, you might just get the shit scared out of you by what you find under that layer of shit.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Yeah, my last three cars have been black. I'm now in my 40's, so that's why I went with a red car! I didn't use the same wash regimen for those cars as I do now.

Black looks awesome....the best color out there when it's done right but just removing the dirt is an in-depth PITA. But man, that's like trying to remove Tammy Faye Bakers makeup. It's gonna take a long fucking time to do it and once you do, you might just get the shit scared out of you by what you find under that layer of shit.

it's definitely alot more work with a black car, but what's better than working on your ride ? I'm switching to the DKS method come spring when mine comes out of hibernation. The less things that touch the paint the better. No more water blade, no more drying towels, 2 wash buckets, etc. I actually enjoy the 4 or 5 hours I get to spend washing and polishing.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Wash correctly continuing to wet the car as washing to reduce any water spotting. Use the sheet method at the end of the wash. A good trick is to use a small section of hose that has been cut at an angle. This eliminates the possibility of slapping your paint with that brass fitting. Than I'll use my ECHO backpack leaf blower. This usually removes nearly all of it. Hit the car with a Pak Shak waffle weave. Later on I'll usually use some Poorboy's Spray and Wipe with a Pak Shak MF.

Cooter

forum member
Reaction score
Nasty, man, you suck. I wanted some PakShak waffle weaves really bad a couple of weeks ago. Ranney had a 25% off sale. I was gonna get two of them but they're on back order and he doesnt expect to have them in til late Feb or early March. Total dissappointment. Ranney has some of the best towels on the market and has really made a name for himself.

I do have some ShowroomFX ww's and they really work. They dont move the water around. They simply soak it up. These are some good towels. The company use to be Tropi-Care.

Maybe next year I'll get some of his WW's. I bit the bullet and bought 2 large mf drying towels. I'll be okay, I guess.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back