Driving Jesse james Baja Bug this weekend...

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My friend Ted made a deal with Jesse James to get his Baja Bug he built for the pizza hut delivery episode of his TV show. We are going Saturday morning to pick it up in Long beach from Jesse. We are taking it to Ocotillo this weekend and I'll get some pics and vids of it in action - should be a lot of fun and i can't wait to drive it.

My buddy traded him his boat for it so he came up but I'm sure it didn't 'cost' jesse anything anyway since it was for the tv show and pizza hut sponsored it.

I'll get some vids this weekend of us putting it to the limits...:naughty1: The friggin' thing is 100% street legal...lol

http://vimeo.com/5263272

prep1324n1.jpg

prep1324n2.jpg

prep1324n3.jpg

I've been rebuilding my class 1 for the upcoming season in september. freshening up the LS7 and been redoing the rear frame (especially the tranny support) to be a little beefier and stronger and can't wait to get this thing back out in september!!!

imagejpeg952952.jpg

IMG_2498-1.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
i remember that episode.didnt that thing kept over heating or something like that.

Joser281

Reaction score
Oh hell yeah your gonna have a blast in that thing at Ocotillo. Is that your sand rail? I'm heading up to Silverwood Lake myself and hit the Fire roads and see if we can reach Big Bear Lake or at least Arrowhead Lake.:beer:

dougie b

Reaction score
that bug is awesome!! reminds me of the volksrods ive seen a lot of...who knew a bug could look good in every setup?

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I guess Jesse James is not only a cheater, but he is a liar as well...:yuck:

Get to the shop sat morning, and the bug was nowhere near what was represented in the pictures. I also find it hard to beleive that jesse doesn't know the difference between a 1 3/4" chassis and a 1 1/2" chassis as he claimed.

Anyway, the thing was a piece of shit and nowhere near the 125K he was asking for it. Funny, he immediately dropped the price to 80K after we left the shop on his race dezert ad.

The thing isn't worth more than 40K and I wouldn't pay 30K for it. The pics are very deceiving - the actual bug was a piece of shit - not to mention the ecu was fried and he couldn't even get it started...lol

We would have broke that thing in 5 minutes the way we mob...:nk:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh hell yeah your gonna have a blast in that thing at Ocotillo. Is that your sand rail? I'm heading up to Silverwood Lake myself and hit the Fire roads and see if we can reach Big Bear Lake or at least Arrowhead Lake.:beer:

It's a class 1 - sand rails break in minutes when they try to mob with me...lol

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
I guess Jesse James is not only a cheater, but he is a liar as well...:yuck:

Get to the shop sat morning, and the bug was nowhere near what was represented in the pictures. I also find it hard to beleive that jesse doesn't know the difference between a 1 3/4" chassis and a 1 1/2" chassis as he claimed.

Anyway, the thing was a piece of shit and nowhere near the 125K he was asking for it. Funny, he immediately dropped the price to 80K after we left the shop on his race dezert ad.

The thing isn't worth more than 40K and I wouldn't pay 30K for it. The pics are very deceiving - the actual bug was a piece of shit - not to mention the ecu was fried and he couldn't even get it started...lol

We would have broke that thing in 5 minutes the way we mob...:nk:

he isint trying to sell it to an informed consumer (you) most people dont have a sand rail and few know what to look for when buying one. plus he has his name to sell it with.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I understand that, but he siad on the phone it was a 1 3/4" chassis and that it was built by the Baja Shop (righteous builders) but it was a 1 1/2" chassis, very small by way of wheel base, crappy hubs, tiny a-arms, and was originally built by the baja shop as a minor baja bug. All Jesse's shop did was build the back motor cage to hold the LS motor and it was a shitty job at that - looked 'hacked' together.

Point being is I'm sure the guy knows a thing or two about fabrication and he misrepresented the hell out of the thing and kind of pissed me off.

I feel sorry for anyone who buys it as it won't handle much more than fire-roads when it comes to off-roading.

Anyway, still had a blast this weekend in Ocotillo but it was way too hot. No more desert till september for me...lol

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sort of surprising, but then not. I always thought he was a POS scumbag, even before the cheating. Couldnt get why shed want to marry his trashbag ass. Dumb bitches with their "bad boy" syndrome.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back