Dyno and 1/4 mile opinions.

jam07GT

forum member
Reaction score
I would do lowering brackets and single adjustables. Also, have someone video your car on launch and when you are going down the track. You don't want the body of your car coming down when you launch. You need to be able to stiffen the rear shocks up. Slicks, single adjustables, and lowering brackets would make a huge difference.

miltonmegilliii

Learning the ways.
Reaction score
Relo brackets are on the list. Just not sure if they will fit with ground clearence with sportslines. When i went out it was either bog off the line or spin a bit. May have to play with tire pressure more.
I was dumping the clutch rather than slipping and the best 60ft was letting go at 3900rpm.

GlassTop09

Reaction score
dont remember the band or name. i CAN tell you they are not name brand and i could bet they are calling it s27lb but probably arnt hitting that. however being 7 hole the atomization should be better. i think i found them ..to be honest...ebay all blue casing like the 39lbs ev6. personally unless your on a budget like i was just stick with a known brand with warranty
Appreciate the info!
Was curious since you said they were 27lb injectors w\ 7-hole nozzles thus the ask for info on them to assist me w\ lookup of specs.
I'm currently using Ford Performance M-9593-24A injectors (the purple 24lb w\ the improved 6-hole nozzles) so not really looking to replace them unless the 7-hole nozzles gave enough of an atomization improvement to warrant consideration, thus my interest.

Thanks again for the info.

AHaze

Reaction score
You are correct. Ill have to see. Im running 305/35 in the rear
I have pretty much the same height tire (275/35-19) and my FMS relocation brackets have a bit under 4" of ground clearance. They are the lowest hanging thing under the car but since they move with the suspension it's pretty much a non issue. We have some seriously shitty roads here in Northern Alberta and while my exhaust has some scrapes in it, the relocation brackets look like new.

miltonmegilliii

Learning the ways.
Reaction score
I have pretty much the same height tire (275/35-19) and my FMS relocation brackets have a bit under 4" of ground clearance. They are the lowest hanging thing under the car but since they move with the suspension it's pretty much a non issue. We have some seriously shitty roads here in Northern Alberta and while my exhaust has some scrapes in it, the relocation brackets look like new.

good to know, Michigan has the same shitty road problem lol. ill have to grab a set. maybe ill step up and get adjustable arms while im at it. idk. im not putting down much power now but if hook good and roll light that would be great. thanks for the info

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
2005 gt 3v 5spd
K&n cai (no horsepower added)
62mm throttle body (no horsepower added)
Equal length shortys (no horsepower added)
Off road xpipe
Slp loud mouth
Under drive pullies (maybe 3-4 rwhp)
Hotrod cams (maybe 20 rwhp)
Custom dyno tune 93oct (tuner matters)
On 305/35/18 nt555r

View attachment 67116

You have mods but most of them do nothing for rwhp.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
He has 315rwhp & 324rwtq but the torque curve drops like a ski slope from 4000rpm (where he has 320rwtq) to 3000rpm (where he has only 265rwtq) thanks to the Hot Rod cams. I think the tuner might need to correct the WOT cam timing tables to the correct specs 'cause he should have more torque in that 2500-4000rpm mid-range.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAGegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw33Km4oAtScwDmA9L19I7Ki

With a combination of 4.10 gears and traction mods, he should be able to run deep in the 12s.

Last edited:

miltonmegilliii

Learning the ways.
Reaction score
i did get rid of the k&n for a jlt 3 and a bunch of other things if you check my sig.
i changed tuners and the car feels a lot better havnt gotten it back on a dyno or at the track yet to check how much better. i can tell you though on the old tune i found out after installing my wideband the car was stupid lean and all over the place. fluctuated as low as 16 and as his as 20-21 rapidly. this new guy has it settled at 14.3-15.1 wot i think was set for 11.5 and yes i know some of the things dont help much with rw numbers but throttle response is still a benifit i want. plus these things will add up when i eventually go boosted.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
Gotta cut the bottom hole off. No need for it anyway.
Cutting the bottom part of the bracket off might work if I really wanted to use a drive through car wash that bad. When I tried to use the lowest hole I had break hop like I have never felt before.

miltonmegilliii

Learning the ways.
Reaction score
making progress everyone. I have had time to toss on a couple other small goodies and I finally got on another dyno. comparing the two (old and new tune) the new one picked up all the way from 2k rpm to 5krpm. equal at 6. so with the gains on this new tune and the other goodies I know i can do better next time.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Cutting the bottom part of the bracket off might work if I really wanted to use a drive through car wash that bad. When I tried to use the lowest hole I had brake hop like I have never felt before.

The opposite of wheel hop is...brake hop. Skwerl sliced off bottom of each of his BMR LCA relocate brackets.... just a hair above bottom hole..then painted. He posted pix of it. It's really not required. Hit a speed bump...and entire axle will rise..taking the lca relocate brackets along with the axle.

Where it may well be a possible issue is if using 275-40-18 tires on a 18x10 rim... and have a flat rear tire. I measured it... and it appears the LCA would barely clear the ashphalt. If a 17" rim was used, it would be worse. If a 15" rear rim used...and huge sidewalls, the LCA would hit the ground..(flat rear)

I swapped the rears to 305-35-19 on 19x10 rims.... non issue.

Joe combs

Reaction score
But.. the weight difference in the 19 inch wheel vs the 15 inch is a issue... lighter weight 15 inch wheels and tiresmake a big difference in 1/4 mile times vs a set of big heavy 18's or 19's

miltonmegilliii

Learning the ways.
Reaction score
working on improving the 60ft guys. i am swapping eibach sportslines for a set of cj springs, I have an adjustable uca comming, and plan on getting lca relo brackets and 4.10 or 3.90 next spring. replacing the 305/35 tires with some 305/40 or 45
plan on other goodies too if the budget is there.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
making progress everyone. I have had time to toss on a couple other small goodies and I finally got on another dyno. comparing the two (old and new tune) the new one picked up all the way from 2k rpm to 5krpm. equal at 6. so with the gains on this new tune and the other goodies I know i can do better next time.

Can you post the two dyno sheets side by side?

miltonmegilliii

Learning the ways.
Reaction score
Ill have to sit down and put them together. The second sheet the dyno guy didnt plot tq so i had to go online and find the rpm conversion calculator and plot it myself.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back