Edelbrock e-force Brenspeed stage one upgrade rwhp dyno

Dennis Thomas

Reaction score
Wondering if any has brenspeed Edelbrock E-Force stage one upgrade on there s197 and what there dyno was. I have the E-Force with Brenspeed Detroit rockers cams already Wondering how much rwhp that upgrade really is. Seeing if I can upgrade with that kit or if I’ll have upgrade my rods first based on the numbers with 11psi. Thanks

Last edited:

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
This is the Brenspeed stage 0 upgrade making 438/415:

Here's the Brenspeed 560E package with Detroit Rocker cams and BBK LT headers making 506/478:

Finally a 2008 Bullitt with the Edelbrock stage 1 making 471/431

Laga

Reaction score
I have an 05 with an E-Force and DR cams from Brenspeed. Along with Kooks LT. I never got the chance to dyno it with the Brenspeed tune because of how badly the car ran. It LITERALLY needed to idle for 10 minutes before I could back it out of the garage without dying. It would also occasionally die at a stop light. And I got 0 help from Brenspeed because they don’t do datalog tuning. Their explanation was, “ Hey, you got a supercharger and a big cam, it’s going to run bad at low rpm. Get used to it.” And it sounded like this, not much difference from stock.
I then had the car tuned by Lito. It then needed 30 seconds of warm up and it drove like a beast. It dyno’ed at 450RWHP/420torque. It sounds like this now.
. The only difference being the tune. This past June, I took the car to a track day at Autobahn CC outside of Chicago. While getting a number on the car in tech, one of the guys from LAPS, the organization running the event, came up to me and said “You have the best sounding car here.”
Last fall, I converted to E85. $200 for new fuel pump, $50 tune update. There was a HUGE increase in the butt dyno. Best upgrade ever! Because of COVID restrictions and then summer weather, I haven’t dyno’ed it yet, but I expect to be close to 500RWHP with Lito saying he left some timing out to be on the safe side. I plan to dyno in about a month, and have plans on taking it to the strip once it cools off.

Last edited:

07 Boss

Reaction score
Wondering if any has brenspeed Edelbrock E-Force stage one upgrade on there s197 and what there dyno was. I have the E-Force with Brenspeed Detroit rockers cams already Wondering how much rwhp that upgrade really is. Seeing if I can upgrade with that kit or if I’ll have upgrade my rods first based on the numbers with 11psi. Thanks

I ran 485 hp at just over 11 psi for a while and after a couple of years backed the timing down a bit and run 465 hp currently. It's more of a good mixture and and timing that will effect longevity at these levels on stock rods. I put the blower on 7 years ago and have abused her since.

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score

I think your best bet is to contact Lito, or find a reputable local tuner with a dyno. I had the Brenspeed TVS phase 1 tune on my Bullitt when I first i stalled the kit, later upgraded to a VMP remote tune, and ultimately paid a local tuner to work his magic on the dyno.

I think with your current mods, and a good dyno tune, you will have no problem putting down 440 rwhp and 425 lb. ft. . Any more than that, and you will need to consider upgrading the rotating assembly.

Dennis Thomas

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input, sounds great definitely getting the stage one upgrade. I used Lito for my last tune. Miracle worker there.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
I’m running the Brenspeed 560 Roush package with a few add ons. Running a Brenspeed tune for the 2.75” pulley with no complaints. Never been on a dyno but I have run a 10.94@126mph.

Dennis Thomas

Reaction score
That’s awesome. That’s my goal low 11’s maybe crack into the 10’s on a really good night. How’s traction? What rear end gears are you running? Street slicks? If you don’t mind me asking

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back