Engine Bay cleaning

DJ Staid

forum member
Reaction score
After the thread about engine bay dress up... I was wondering what everyone uses to clean the engine bay? I don't have anything special in there right now, but I know that the engine bay on my car is hella dirty.

I also noted that some people were saying that certain products might hurt some up the dress up items. I just wanted to see what was safe to use and make that engine bay look like brand new!

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
In the past I sprayed some simple green on the engine and let it soak for a couple mins, followed by rinsing with a low pressure hose. you'll want to cover your CAI and the fuse box/ecu. For a really good cleaning you'll probably have to remove some items from the engine bay.

In my experience your engine bay will remain clean for about 3.5 days or until the next time you drive in the rain.

Lee's05GT

Formally Qksixx
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i use a sponge and soap and water, some armor all for the black stuff to shine it up a little, and if its that bad you can use black magic engine degreaser, nothing to special.

GOTTORQ

Reaction score
i use that stuff "gunk" from autozone..its a degreaser..wet the motor down..then while its wet spray the gunk all over the engine back..let it sit for 5-10 mins..then wash it off..then spray armoral everywhere and let that sit for 5 mins and then wipe it down..minty clean!

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Purple power dilluted, rinse with water, run car for 10 minutes and blow dry off any excess water..Finish with turtle wax F21 and wipe away any excess after 15 minutes..Engine bay will look better than new..

Chris07GT

forum member
Reaction score
I just use a very small amount of soap and water. I also keep it clean by wiping it down after every car wash, so it never gets too dirty.

I also use a can of compressed air to blow out the crap that collects in the valley by the COP's and the edges of the intake

06BLKGT

forum member
Reaction score
i use that stuff "gunk" from autozone..its a degreaser..wet the motor down..then while its wet spray the gunk all over the engine back..let it sit for 5-10 mins..then wash it off..then spray armoral everywhere and let that sit for 5 mins and then wipe it down..minty clean!

Follow these steps and you will be amazed :)

Emay

Reaction score
I have a write up held to a sticky I have had running on modded for quite some time that I can pull over. I do the stang (not a daily) spring and fall and just keep up with it inbetween. I literally just went through doing my daily driver to prove a point to some skeptics and these were the results I assure you 30 minutes with the skeptics hovering from start to finish (inclusive of washing down a corona)-

Before:
IMG_7717.jpg

IMG_7718.jpg

IMG_7719.jpg

After:
IMG_7721.jpg

IMG_7722.jpg

IMG_7723.jpg

IMG_7724.jpg

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just use a very small amount of soap and water. I also keep it clean by wiping it down after every car wash, so it never gets too dirty.

I also use a can of compressed air to blow out the crap that collects in the valley by the COP's and the edges of the intake

+1 and never have to spend too much time dealing with the engine bay.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back