Engine Code P0745

Lee's05GT

Formally Qksixx
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well i drove mine home which is like 15 min from my gfs house, got on I-95 and the car made a hard shift cant remember what gear it was shifting into but it was at 3k rpms for about 5 sec then shifted hard, then heard a squeaking sound, didnt know if it was the trans or my belt because im having squeaking issues with my belt at the moment. So idk if that was the trans slipping or what. Never had a transmission that slipped before.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Sorry, but that is exactly the way mine did..Mine would stall really high in first and shift hard into second, even at low speeds, and a stock auto would never stall that long with out problems.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Sorry dude!, i feel your pain, i was floored when this happened to me, it always seemed to do well, and then bam. they get rid of all the fluid and we dont pay attn because it is a sealed unit, and then too late.lol good luck.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
well i drove mine home which is like 15 min from my gfs house, got on I-95 and the car made a hard shift cant remember what gear it was shifting into but it was at 3k rpms for about 5 sec then shifted hard, then heard a squeaking sound, didnt know if it was the trans or my belt because im having squeaking issues with my belt at the moment. So idk if that was the trans slipping or what. Never had a transmission that slipped before.

Have you checked the fluid level? Probably is fine if you have no leaks. The symptom you just described is exactly what mine did when 3rd gear failed.

1BigDog

forum member
Reaction score
I know, its an older post but....

I have had this code come on about a month ago. One of the symptoms when I did a search on this code was that it could also be just a clogged/dirty filter/fluid or a bad harness. I made my Ford dealer aware of the code and note it on the repair ticket but the code never showed up on their scan. I had my trans flushed by Ford and fluid replaced with Ford full synthetic fluid. Light went off...no other codes have come up other then the occasional OD light blinking. I usually turn the ignition off then restart it and the OD is fine. Yesterday the P0745 code popped up again. No unusual noises and its went off on its own. The car has 53k on it and still has about 3k left on the Certified used warranty, then another 30k on its extended warranty so if the trans does fail I should be covered.

Reading your posts it seems that a failure is coming. Im just wondering if anyone else here had something similar to my issue with the code and did not have a failure. Your advice will be appreciated.

I do plan on getting it into the dealers in a few days to have them check it out.

danhill

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen. I stomped on the pedal at 25 mph to downshift it one gear and it went 2 gears to first, then O/D light flashed , wouldn't shift to 3 rd without taking my foot off the gas pedal every time after that. Got PO 745 and then 2 miles later a PO 733.
My trusted tranny shop found metal shavings and clogged solenoid. I think 2nd gear band is bad. I’m paying $2300 for a complete rebuild. Not my daily driver, but just bought my 07 in immaculate condition in every other way, and just put $$ into new tires, wheels, exhaust, etc etc. I’m keeping it for the long haul so worth it I guess. No choice, but really wouldn’t have it any other way, she’s gorgeous!0044C6DC-BFF0-42A1-8013-2BB9860A8DA7.png

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back