exhaust gains from after the cats???

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
Any dyno numbers or other REAL data using the motorsport or other X-pipe and axle back systems??

I'm looking at the Ford Racing Xpipe and Bassani axle back system..

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
The only gains from a mid-pipe is from removing the cats. The stock exhaust is about as perfect as you could hope for.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Unless you are adding long tubes, everything you do is basicly sound only. Even if you get rid of the cats, that is only good for -5 to +5 rwtq. Some people, like me, lost power. On my car, it moved the power band down into the lower revs. Not good for racing, but nice for a DD.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I made a custom cat-less h-pipe about a week ago. I lost a little top-end power, it moved my power curve into the lower rpm's, but bumped up my tq curve from 2k to 4.5k rpm's almost 14 rwtq. That's fun for the street.

So, IMHO, track application = X-Pipe ............. Street only = H-Pipe

I drag race, so I put my catted X back on.

navyman8903

forum member
Reaction score
x-pipes are fine all the time. The GT 500 comes stock with one and so does the Shelby GT. You will pick up some ponies with the stock cats if you get the bassani race axle backs, and the x pipe should be good for 10-15 rwhp topend.

Kaldar142

Reaction score
I made a custom cat-less h-pipe about a week ago. I lost a little top-end power, it moved my power curve into the lower rpm's, but bumped up my tq curve from 2k to 4.5k rpm's almost 14 rwtq. That's fun for the street.

So, IMHO, track application = X-Pipe ............. Street only = H-Pipe

I drag race, so I put my catted X back on.

WOW, it was THAT much of a difference? so you could feel the difference on H vs X pipe?

navyman8903

forum member
Reaction score
My question is after you launch in a street race when are you below 3500rpms?

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Unless you are adding long tubes, everything you do is basicly sound only. Even if you get rid of the cats, that is only good for -5 to +5 rwtq. Some people, like me, lost power. On my car, it moved the power band down into the lower revs. Not good for racing, but nice for a DD.

thats it for removing the cats? =-/

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Hummm I might get more with the mac 1 3/4 ST headers and no cats. I thought I would get 20rwhpl+ ahah

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
i felt a big difference when i added my O/R-h and for 130 bucks i think it is worth it because i also like the sound with the stock mufflers

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
WOW, it was THAT much of a difference? so you could feel the difference on H vs X pipe?

Oh yea. It was a lot more fun to drive on the street.

My question is after you launch in a street race when are you below 3500rpms?

I don't know. I don't race on the streets... :whistling:

thats it for removing the cats? =-/

I lost 7 peak HP, and that was after retuning. Removing the cats really changes the sound more than anything.

OK, just wanted to point that out. I'm done now.

Sorry, I didn't print the dyno sheet that shows I lost 7 HP with a cat-less X, but my sponsor saves all my files for me if you really want me to print it and post it... LOL

fullsayl

WTFC?
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't print the dyno sheet that shows I lost 7 HP with a cat-less X, but my sponsor saves all my files for me if you really want me to print it and post it... LOL

LOL - Sorry Marc that wasn't directed at you, just some of the other numbers being thrown out there were making me giggle :beerchug2:

navyman8903

forum member
Reaction score
If you look at the fastest cars they all have x-pipes......or turbos.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back