F150 Ecoboost Builds

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I've been looking at those as an option. I was going to get the Black housing LED's that Stage3 used to have, but they had to stop sale on them a few months ago. I just looked now, and I don't even see them listed anymore. The projector headlights are on sale though.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Yeah. Was going to opt for the same thing for our trucks. Either that or the OEM halogen appearance package lights. Was looking at the aftermarket tinted taillights too but they are a little strange looking how they stick out far.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I was looking at the Smoked Recon tail lights if I were to replace those. I also don't like how the ANZO's stick out. I've had Spyder lights before, and might look into those for the tail lights as well.

Last edited:

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Replaced the driver side IWE actuator, this is why I usually do my own work. It wasn't an issue before having the front leveling done at shop, then I brought it back and they said it was working fine. Yaaaah definitely not, swapped it out yesterday. Haven't decided if I am going to give them a hard time or just call it a $100 lesson learned that they're not a shop for me, problem is no real way to prove it went in without issue and left with one.

Has anyone put the Anzo projector headlights on their F-150?

Doing another round of lifted truck packages and going to inject a couple more exterior things this time and those lights look really nice with the LED switchbacks.

Yeah. Was going to opt for the same thing for our trucks. Either that or the OEM halogen appearance package lights. Was looking at the aftermarket tinted taillights too but they are a little strange looking how they stick out far.

I like the look of the Anzo's on that model year and the appearance package ones, I hated the anzo 2 u's for the 09-14, the C bar version were just ok, idea wasn't bad but the bar itself was too thick or something

Last edited:

WARstang

forum member
Reaction score
I've had them since March. No complaints.

Attachments

• IMG_9795.jpg
    IMG_9795.jpg
    545.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9799.jpg
    IMG_9799.jpg
    573.3 KB · Views: 12

WARstang

forum member
Reaction score
2017. Took less than 45 mins. I had it painted shadow black to match the truck.

lemkau77

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ Really nice looking truck! I love that grill. Got my oil changed the other day thanks to Greg, everything came nicely package. Much appreciated!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I went ahead and ordered the Anzo Headlights and Taillights (just to give them a shot). Also ordered the Raptor grille. This is for two trucks - 1 XL STX pkg Black and 1 XLT Sport Pkg Lithium.

They are also getting BDS 4" Lifts, 35" Tires, one is a 5.0 with 3.73's and will be treated to a Borla ATAK Exhaust.

Will post up pictures when I get them complete.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
My '12 fx4 sunroof took a shit today. Not sure what happened when I tried tilting the moonroof up but it seems like it went off the tracks. It didn't want to come forward(closed) after it went back on its own. I tried messing with it on my own but the best I could do after it opening/closing on its own was get it to stay closed except for a slight gap between the window and the roof of the truck.

I press the tilt button but it doesn't go up anymore. Not sure what else to do at this point but to take it to ford. Probably going to cost me an arm and a leg to get it fixed.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I could ever buy a truck with a sunroof. After 48 years in Florida working outside I get all the damn sun I can handle. Last thing I want when I get in the truck and crank up the AC is to have that infernal heat blasting on top of my head.

Then there is the little issue about how almost every sun roof will eventually leak at some point. My current truck is 16 years old and I still have another 8-10 years left in it. Next truck will definitely not have a sun roof.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
My '12 fx4 sunroof took a shit today. Not sure what happened when I tried tilting the moonroof up but it seems like it went off the tracks. It didn't want to come forward(closed) after it went back on its own. I tried messing with it on my own but the best I could do after it opening/closing on its own was get it to stay closed except for a slight gap between the window and the roof of the truck.

I press the tilt button but it doesn't go up anymore. Not sure what else to do at this point but to take it to ford. Probably going to cost me an arm and a leg to get it fixed.

Unfortunately sounds like they go more frequently than they should

big thread here:
https://www.f150forum.com/f38/anyone-replaced-sunroof-track-yet-163748/index13/

seems a lot use this:
http://sunroofdoctor.3dcartstores.c...nF150F250F350F450-Sunroof-Repair-KIt_p_8.html

youtube how to here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4wW7fAFOlE

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Yeah I think that's exactly what happened. Guess I'll have to spend a couple days next week trying to fix it after I order the stuff.

Edit- went ahead and ordered that kit. I'll spend next Thursday fixing it. Luckily it's not raining over here although it's been about a month straight of over 100 degree weather

Last edited:

ponys197

forum member
Reaction score
Here is mine - 2014 FX4 TT EB Supercrew. Got it with 19.8K miles . I had a diablosport on my Dodge RAM so I paid the $150 for the license for the Ford. Put the 87 tune on it to remove the rev limiter.

wbBoD8u.jpg

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Damn, this sucks man! I'd take it to the dealer for sure.

Well beyond the warranty, but I'm hoping it's a cheap fix for you!

Edit:

Should have read further. You got this!

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Here is mine - 2014 FX4 TT EB Supercrew. Got it with 19.8K miles . I had a diablosport on my Dodge RAM so I paid the $150 for the license for the Ford. Put the 87 tune on it to remove the rev limiter.

wbBoD8u.jpg

Nice truck! Looks just like my first one, 2012! Wife totaled it. That race red really pops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
What tuners have y'all be using with the EcoBoost engines on the various vehicle platforms (F150, Edge, Flex, Taurus, etc.)?

Looking in particular for the Edge 2.7 EcoBoost

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back