F150 Ecoboost Builds

lemkau77

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for FMIC's and off-road downpipes? Trying to get a list set up for this upcoming year.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Swapped the wheel today. Very easy to do. Took like 30 mins. The paddles aren't hooked up yet. The terminal part # I ordered from TASCA apparently is for 1 terminal, not 5 like other sites sell it at (only need 3 terminals). Waiting on the remaining terminals to hook up the paddles.

Love the feel of the wheel. Much nicer than the stock XLT one. I'm trolling my dealership friends on FB making them think I got a Raptor from elsewhere. XD

22904692_10155533267470465_8920109104546383488_o.jpg

lemkau77

forum member
Reaction score
So a couple questions if anyone knows, Can we check/ change our transmission fluid? Also is there a way to swap the 2018 lights/STX grill/Bumper on to our trucks? 10/10 would do it if it was possible

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Also is there a way to swap the 2018 lights/STX grill/Bumper on to our trucks? 10/10 would do it if it was possible

Yeah, it’s possible, but you need the following 2018 parts, at least, due to the cosmetic differences:

Headlights
Grille
Under Headlight/Grille Trim Piece (Painted to Match)
2018 Front Bumper

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I also need that steering wheel in my life. Any updates?

Steering wheel is working great. Had the paddle shifters working before Thanksgiving, and then took a trip to Florida (~1,300 mile drive) which gave a chance to play with them.

Wiring the paddle shifters took maybe an hour or two. Most of the fuss was routing the cable through the dash. As for soldering, it is just soldering the 3 terminals to some doorbell/garage door wire (maybe 5-6ft. per wire?), and you are off to the races (literally).

Took the truck to an autocross a couple weekends ago, and got to use the paddle shifters under those conditions. Much better than having to reach for the center shifter. Every once and a while, I'll run the twisty roads too just to use the shifters in a sporty fashion.

100 out 10, would mod again.

WDmrWE_fEaG6FGQAvRAX2HLwVn__AwAjp5nR5DQglME

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If anyone has 15-17 FX4 rims/tires in 20" that is looking to sell pls let me know, thanks!

lemkau77

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, CAM I thought all of those parts would be the case, just wanted to check in case. Boaisy, I might pm you for more info on the paddles if I get the steering wheel down the road.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
That color looks awesome!

So my next thing is fixing the sunroof which apparently in researching is quite common the tracks break because it uses plastic parts. If it's been known issue for so long why didn't Ford fix the design issue.. or is that padding their repair $ as Ford parts is only the whole track and its a ton of dealer hours to fix it... seeing people quote $1-2k to fix it.

I'll end up doing it myself with sunroof dr kit but ridiculous even have to do it

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
So my next thing is fixing the sunroof which apparently in researching is quite common the tracks break because it uses plastic parts. If it's been known issue for so long why didn't Ford fix the design issue.. or is that padding their repair $ as Ford parts is only the whole track and its a ton of dealer hours to fix it... seeing people quote $1-2k to fix it.

I'll end up doing it myself with sunroof dr kit but ridiculous even have to do it

Having been down this road before, this is one of the big reasons I stay away from vehicles with sun/moon roofs.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back