For DRIFTERS!!!

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
again I cannot relate this to a Mustang directly all of this comes from my knowledge of drifting a 240 for like 12 years. I have also spoken with Derek who makes the knuckles and asked these very same questions as I've had a set of horribly shitty knuckles and a set of fantastic knuckles.

basically the pick up point for the tie rod on the knuckles modified for a greater throw. some cars this leads to a slight amount of bump steer or if the knuckle is done wrong a horrible amount of bump steer.

in speaking to Derek bump steer is minimal or nonexistent. you were here also a lot about Ackerman , I believe Derek has ironed out on these knuckles as well. I cannot remember exactly what he said about it though.

as for drivability daily if these knuckles are as good as I think they should be you shouldn't have any problem. A couple keynotes though the wiring harnesses that run along the frame rail on each side need to be relocated, to take full advantage of angle you will need to run a pretty low offset wheel(18x9 -12 for example). other than that you will be able to turn around inside a city block now.

although my mustang will be a very Slowdrift build simply because it's new enough I don't want to dent it up just yet I have contemplated buying Knuckles right now simply to have them

Thank you. And that is my boggle. Contemplation....

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
If you want just a bit more angle pull the rack spacers. it would still be smart to reposition your wheel well harness's

dafridgea

forum member
Reaction score
If you want just a bit more angle pull the rack spacers. it would still be smart to reposition your wheel well harness's

Well said,

I chewed through my harness once at Maxium uber angle.

luckily it only when through the abs and traction control sensor lol....l dont nee that

:chainsaw:

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
Lol, my typing skills on the talk to text are pretty choppy, sorry about that. Extra angle is nice but it also serves as a crutch of sorts. I know with my old S13 for awhile I couldn't figure out why my friends would pull away from me during tandem in cars that were less powerful and generally my entry was about the same as theres. Turns out I was just getting way too much angle when I didn't need to be. I essentially had to learn when to use it and when not to.

A car like the old mustangs angle mods were needed on these new ones I don't think its a must but they are a nice "tool" to have in the bag.

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
i sent mine off a week ago. He said he got them and would ship them back by last tuesday.......havent heard a thing since. So IDK whats goin on

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back