FORd THE LOVE OF GOD!! PLEASE!! BRONCO

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
I know every year we hear about this... BUT. Could it be true? Could Ford finally be thinking about bring back our beloved bronco?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...gh-returning-bronco-ranger-production-to-u-s-

http://www.rantcars.com/2015/08/27/ford-most-likely-resurrecting-the-beloved-bronco-and-ranger/

"Experts have said Ford is aiming the new Bronco right at Jeep’s throat, hoping to reclaim the SUV market that has been sagging due to concerns over fuel consumption. The resurgence of older Broncos popularity with the younger crowd is likely what Ford took as the go-ahead to resurrect Bronco."

Stop F-ing with me!! Please bring the bronco back. Like we go through every year about this time yes we all want to see the bronco reborn, yes (IMO) there is a market for it, and for the love of GOD please don't screw it up. I have never considered myself a truck guy but I'm telling you I can NOT stop driving my bronco. I love the thing. It's uncomfortable, ugly, load, it smells bad, slow, drive like crap, eats gas like a kardashian eats black... anyways. A bronco is a work horse I drive my bronco like I drive everything else reckless and unforgiving, and it doesn't care. The poor old girl is pushing 215K and still is giving me everything I want. So yes bring the bronco back! If Ford puts out a good design I will find away to put one in my garage

sotc.gif

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
We had 2 Broncos growing up. I loved those trucks. But when we moved and my dads commute was pushing 1.5 hours one way he let it go. They were definitely not the most economical vehicle lol. And that is going back 28 years.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
We had Broncos when I was growing up. The last one was an 89 Eddie Baur. I remember hitting a drop off hard enough to tweak the body enough to crack the windshield and bend a rim. Still made it home no issue. The mpg was less than stellar. Especially with 33" tires, 3.55 gears, and no OD.

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
The Broncos were great trucks and they should have never got rid of them

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
They should have never dropped the Ranger pickups either. I don't want or need a 22' long truck that sits 7' high in order to have something I can use to haul supplies home from Lowe's.

waylander

forum member
Reaction score
They should have never dropped the Ranger pickups either. I don't want or need a 22' long truck that sits 7' high in order to have something I can use to haul supplies home from Lowe's.

we have the Ranger over here and by Euro standards it's quite a biggie

ford-ranger-pick-up-2012-front-quarter-main.jpg

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
^Interesting. Looks a bit like the Tacoma

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
Ill have my 68 bronco done before ford finally gets off their ass and gives us what we want.

A bunch of my friends have bought Broncos in the glorious California because they are perfect n doing restomods to them, personally I think that's a great idea because ford will never make them sigh

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Learned to drive in a '73 that my father had bought new. I thought I would never get the hang of that 3 on the tree and stiff clutch. I sure would like to have another one, but not a new one.

black2008gt

GT500 NOOB
Reaction score
Well 68 is almost done getting inspection done tomorrow and ford is now trolling us with troller SUV pics. Can they just rebadge it bronco and take my money? :rich:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What did Ford expect when they refused to update the ranger for umpteen years? The new small trucks are just to damn big and as expensive as a regular full size. Meh!

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Yeah, by 2020 I'll already own a Tacoma. My current truck is 13 years old and I'm not buying a $40K, 5000 lb pickup.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I know every year we hear about this... BUT. Could it be true? Could Ford finally be thinking about bring back our beloved bronco?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...gh-returning-bronco-ranger-production-to-u-s-

http://www.rantcars.com/2015/08/27/ford-most-likely-resurrecting-the-beloved-bronco-and-ranger/

"Experts have said Ford is aiming the new Bronco right at Jeep’s throat, hoping to reclaim the SUV market that has been sagging due to concerns over fuel consumption. The resurgence of older Broncos popularity with the younger crowd is likely what Ford took as the go-ahead to resurrect Bronco."

Stop F-ing with me!! Please bring the bronco back. Like we go through every year about this time yes we all want to see the bronco reborn, yes (IMO) there is a market for it, and for the love of GOD please don't screw it up. I have never considered myself a truck guy but I'm telling you I can NOT stop driving my bronco. I love the thing. It's uncomfortable, ugly, load, it smells bad, slow, drive like crap, eats gas like a kardashian eats black... anyways. A bronco is a work horse I drive my bronco like I drive everything else reckless and unforgiving, and it doesn't care. The poor old girl is pushing 215K and still is giving me everything I want. So yes bring the bronco back! If Ford puts out a good design I will find away to put one in my garage

I honestly would HATE to see the name Bronco attached to that abortion in that video.
It looks kinda cool, but knowing today's Ford it would probably be Escape-based, with the 2.0 EcoBoost engine as the top engine, and FWD-based, so it would only be a Bronco in name, and would certainly not take the abuse you describe above.

Might as well just buy an Escape and butch it up.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back