Found a 2014 Mustang GT Complete Dash

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I found a complete Premium dash for a 2014 Mustang GT with the Track App Cluster and Shaker radio with keys. Everything is there and I want to transplant it to my Mustang GT base. So what would be the issues?

Aerofinz

Reaction score
Can't speak to "plug and play" issues, however, generally a dash would be "prewired" for all options. If you are talking a complete full dash swap, it is VERY labor intensive. What shape is the donor dash in? It's common for broken tabs, etc. when pulling a dash due to limited access and age of plastic parts subject to heat/sun and glue. For kicks, find an experienced shop and get a quote, you may be surprised at the quoted labor.

I swapped dashes between 2 '07 garage queens with about 10,000 miles each. I thought I wanted the upgraded leather stitched factory dash in my other car. Never again! I'd rather install a clutch!

If the donor dash is in great shape (and I assumed already removed?) and you aren't terribly concerned if you break a tab along the way on the existing dash, your project would definitely be less stressful, as I had to duplicate the work while not damaging the original.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Can't speak to "plug and play" issues, however, generally a dash would be "prewired" for all options. If you are talking a complete full dash swap, it is VERY labor intensive. What shape is the donor dash in? It's common for broken tabs, etc. when pulling a dash due to limited access and age of plastic parts subject to heat/sun and glue. For kicks, find an experienced shop and get a quote, you may be surprised at the quoted labor.

I swapped dashes between 2 '07 garage queens with about 10,000 miles each. I thought I wanted the upgraded leather stitched factory dash in my other car. Never again! I'd rather install a clutch!

If the donor dash is in great shape (and I assumed already removed?) and you aren't terribly concerned if you break a tab along the way on the existing dash, your project would definitely be less stressful, as I had to duplicate the work while not damaging the original.

Both dashes are 2014's One base and the other premium. Just thought I would add parts as need from the premium dash and not replace the whole dash. The Ford dealer says the base dash and the premium dash wiring are different but who knows.

LikeabossTM

forum member
Reaction score
I did a full dash (actually full interior and wiring) swap on 2011/2014. But it was like for like (all 2014 components out of the 2014 and into the 2011), so...

That said, let me know if you have execution questions, it was pretty simple and lego-like to knock out.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back