Foxbody

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Last night as I was putting the seats in I had to modify the mounting brackets to get them to bolt to the seats. Corbeau sent these nice brackets there were really just flat steel with a couple holes (over priced but nice). They where no way no how going to bolt up, so I had to slot two of the holes and make another one bigger. Anyway, In the process I ruined a 1/2" drill bit and messed up one of my Dremel tool bits.

Well, as I was colorfully and verbosely expressing my dismay to myself, my wife walked in from watering some plants and asked "How's it going?". She knew. She could hear. The garage doors were open. To which I said, and I quote, "I'm sick of working on this fucking thing! I just want to drive it!" I bought the car 3 years ago and this is the closest to being able to actually driving it I've gotten. I was very frustrated. But I can look back at last night today and laugh.

Soon!

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They are Corbeau seats. I don't remember the name. I'll look it up. Work has been very slow going the past week or two. Super busy with other stuff.

EDIT: They are the "Sport Seat". I didn't want a ricey deep bucket. I wanted a more OEM type seat. This fit the bill. My only criticism is they make me sit higher than OEM, but I'm considering options to deal with that.

Last edited:

DudeStang

Reaction score
They are Corbeau seats. I don't remember the name. I'll look it up. Work has been very slow going the past week or two. Super busy with other stuff.

EDIT: They are the "Sport Seat". I didn't want a ricey deep bucket. I wanted a more OEM type seat. This fit the bill. My only criticism is they make me sit higher than OEM, but I'm considering options to deal with that.
My head barely fits in the fox body as is so I probably wouldn't be able to do a seat that sits higher, lol.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My head barely fits in the fox body as is so I probably wouldn't be able to do a seat that sits higher, lol.

To be fair, I chose the adapter bracket to put the seats on the OEM sliders and then had to put a spacer between the bracket and the seat to get it all put together. I am probably going tot buy the Corbeau seat sliders and see if they will drop the seat down enough.

I may have to make my own.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back