Front seat belt shoulder bolt thread issues

Scruffy

forum member
Reaction score
I've only taken apart my interior 3 times max on my 2007, mostly to replace the rear speakers and to install/uninstall the Laguna Seca rear seat delete I had for awhile.

The last 2 times I remember having issues with the front seat shoulder belts. Removing the bolts they had all sorts of shavings on them. I definitely saw that again this time.

I recall some of the threads under the rear seat where the Laguna RSD went in/out had a strange feel to them as well. Some of those bolts had some small shavings as well, like the bottom rear seat belt bolts and the child seat LATCH brackets.

I was able to torque the front shoulder belt bolts to the spec'ed 35ft-lbs, but the threads are looking not so hot.

I THINK I am ok if I remove them again later, run a thread chaser through them, and replace the bolts with new ones just to be on the safe side.

Driver side bolt:
35bs3ud.jpg

Passenger side thread:
rkwpax.jpg

My local service tech recommended fresh bolts next time I pull them, and I SHOULD be ok to run a thread chaser and add some loctite.

I can't be the only one who is seeing issues with these bolts when getting them in/out to do work along the rear interior quarter panels/package tray.

Any input is much appreciated!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back