FRPP/Shelby Axle Girdle Diff Cover - Panhard Relocation

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Wondering if any of this is true. Looking to replace the rear diff cover since it's hideous, and like the look of the FRPP M-4033-G2 girdle. Every site says it clears the Panhard and needs no relocation bracket.

Im more interesting in the Shelby version, also on sale, only noticeable difference is they've laser etched their logo instead of there FRPP logo. Is it the same cover?! They say it DOES need a relocation bracket.

I have a Freedom adjustable Panhard bar for what its worth.

Anyone have any experience with this?

http://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-American-8-8-Axle-Cover-2005-2013-p/7106s.htm

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
Macman45,

Mostly moral support from me, not much tech support....

The FRPP cover looks very, very similar but the drain hole is to the right of the bottom bolt hole. The FRPP cover does not need Panhard rod relocation brackets for a BMR (or any other brand AFAIK) PHR.

Comparing the FRPP to Shelby covers, I just can't see any significant differences. But, since the Shelby site says a relo bracket is needed, I suggest calling (or sending an e-mail message to) Shelby to ask them why a bracket is 'required'.

Chris

07 Boss

Reaction score
I have the FRPP one and no relocation needed.

If you don’t have a Shelby don’t get a logoed one. I have a few Shelby components but I always get the no logo pieces.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
I have the FRPP one and no relocation needed.

If you don’t have a Shelby don’t get a logoed one. I have a few Shelby components but I always get the no logo pieces.

Good point but the Shelby one is $60 less for the same thing. I can deal with the hate to save $60. Cant read the script anyways

07 Boss

Reaction score

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Updating this thread for anyone interested. I went ahead and purchased the Shelby cover. I guarantee you can’t see the engraving unless you crawl under it and look up or have the body up and wheels down with a jack.

Anyways, Shelby cover was on sale. Shows up and is definitely thicker than stock. My local Summitt had the FRPP cover and I swung in with the Shelby to compare. Yes, the FRPP Gen 2 girdle is slimmer. BUT, it’s NOT slim enough if you’ve dicked with your suspension/ride height at all. I’m lowered 1.5” with an adjustable Panhard. Neither cover would clear without a relocation bracket.

Dropped $50 on the BMR relocation, so now im at the cost of an FRPP BUT that one wouldn’t have fit either without a bracket. They should specify “clears on STOCK only”

So it’s installed and looks great. The relocation bracket brings the Panhard our a hair over an inch, but I’m only clearing my cover by a little less than half an inch. Nightmare without the bracket.

Anyways totally worth $200 for everything including oil. Shelby cover comes with gasket and stainless Allen hardware.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Oh and no welding of anything. The bracket mounts with the driver shock mount and acts as a spacer with the Panhard going inside the bracket

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
Macman45,

Good work! Thanks for posting an update. I was wondering how your modification worked (just fine, apparently).

Oddly, my BMR panhard bar clears the FRPP cover by "a fat 1/4-inch" without a PH bar relo bracket. I suppose there are some geometrical differences between our model years ('09 and '12).

Thanks for the update. :beer:

Chris

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Macman45,

Good work! Thanks for posting an update. I was wondering how your modification worked (just fine, apparently).

Oddly, my BMR panhard bar clears the FRPP cover by "a fat 1/4-inch" without a PH bar relo bracket. I suppose there are some geometrical differences between our model years ('09 and '12).

Thanks for the update. :beer:

Chris

Ahh most likely. Also how low are you? I was off on that, my rears are down 2” with Sportlines which I think affects it quite a bit.

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
Macman45,

Ford Racing "P" springs so 1" lower than stock. I agree that your Sportlines (2" drop) are the difference between needing a PH relo bracket and not. I did not consider the springs affecting clearance of the PH rod. This would be a good geometry quiz question for the highschool kids! :biggrin:

Chris

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back