FRRP intake-any updates?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have not heard/read anything for a while on it, I know JDM was advertising a pre release order/sale, any updates? Looks like it has lost traction.

usafimj

Reaction score
Think the end of March. Can't remember where I read it

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
greg you just got your cam problem fixed, slow down lol jk

:highfive:
LOL..as many times as I took the intake off chasing down issues with the Steeda plugs this would be an easy one! Although I am sure I would be blasted with cutting corners and not using proper tools somehow!

I am very curious as I am sure everyone is to see if power numbers on cars with cams and LT's are gained.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Just as long as you don't make 326 different goddamn threads about the phuckin' thing.

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
Gregg, I think you're on the verge of having you're own reality show :clap:

Call it Oh Shit, look what's happening now

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will be asking for sponsors soon...think SD will be a contributor?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
your still N/A Greg so by doing an intake liek that with the cams you have your moving your power band up in the rpms. It will become a dog down low and pull hard up top. If your car is daily driven, that isnt a good thing. If its track only then that would be better, but you gotta figure whats gonig to keep you in the power band. The Intake manifold probably isnt the best choice, unless your gonig with a vortech or similar blower.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
your still N/A Greg so by doing an intake liek that with the cams you have your moving your power band up in the rpms. It will become a dog down low and pull hard up top. If your car is daily driven, that isnt a good thing. If its track only then that would be better, but you gotta figure whats gonig to keep you in the power band. The Intake manifold probably isnt the best choice, unless your gonig with a vortech or similar blower.

Good advice esp since the car is an auto with the stock stall and will be 90% a DD with occasional track days.

After the LT's I will put the car on the dyno to see where the power falls off...with the Tillman tune it pulled hard to 6500 and the BBR pulled to 6000;
I am pretty sure I don't want to exceed 6500 rpm's on stock springs.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i used to shift at 6700 al lthe time on the stock drivetrain and never had a problem, but that doesnt mean it was smart. Id say its a smart move stayign at 6500ish

lito

forum member
Reaction score
At least for the intake swap there are no special tools to do the install, except maybe to remove the fuel line, maybe you can use the same hose too.:crazy:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL..very true....except I did not remove the fuel line, just unbolted the rails and moved them out of the way.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back