Germany KMC area Here

5.0Shocker

Resident Bomb Tech
Reaction score
Thanks Kimmer for hooking up a regional for the military overseas.

Ok Ramstein, Lets talk Mod days.
Who wants to get together on a Saturday and work on Mustangs? We used to Go to the hobby shop 1 sat a month and help each other out. Who all would be interested?
-Elliott

usafimj

Reaction score
I'm up for it except I won't be there until Feb '11

5.0Shocker

Resident Bomb Tech
Reaction score
I will be gone by then. But there is a decent amount of Mustangs around. A dyno in stuttgart at Schopps, drag racing at Bitburg airstrip.

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
holy hell, we have a section in the regional!

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
Shout out from Stuttgart here. I would love to hook up for some kind of event this spring/summer, assuming we actually get those seasons this year... brrr. I can definately meet at Schropps. I'm sure Peter would be willing to host a dyno day, if nothing else, just for pulls. He did one last fall for 50 Euros per car, with the caveat of little or no tuning allowed.

usafimj

Reaction score
Any good shops to do engine work. You know just incase my engine blows while I'm over there

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
Any good shops to do engine work. You know just incase my engine blows while I'm over there

Can't speak for the KMC area. In Stuttgart, Schropps does alot of performance work and have a dynojet. http://www.schropp-fahrzeugtechnik.de/ They are good with mustangs, as well as the German performance cars. I recommend you visit Mightymustangs.net. Lots of locals hang out there and certainly you'll get alot of feedback there.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey...I'm from around here. Been away for a bit (from the site), but I'm back. Up at Spangdahlem right now...20 minutes from the Bitburg track. Waiting very impatiently for the season opener.

Boozshey

Reaction score

Next to the pizza hut on B40 by Vogelwegh there is a body shop and car wash. The guy that owns the car wash always has old mustangs out there that he owns. You may want to stop by there and ask him. He speaks english and is a really nice guy. That was 5 years ago, but he was always busy so I am sure he is still there.

Willsol

Reaction score
Hey all...

I will be coming to Germany in Feb 2011 as well.

Currently have an 09 Bullitt

might sell it though, I heard I might make a few extra bucks selling it in Germany.
If I do I would most likely go for the 2011 GT500.

I'm currently on BMC and IMBOC at the moment.

Boozshey

Reaction score
might sell it though, I heard I might make a few extra bucks selling it in Germany.

Not very accurate. Americans can buy from AAFES and there are plenty of americanized dealerships that sell from NADA to Americans. Trying to sell to a German can get very crazy with the VAT and other transportation stuff getting it transfered into the German DMV. I think it's called TUV... Anyways, I wouldn't plan on selling it fast... If you are really interested in selling you might want to do it state side first, also you won't beable to buy a GT500 through AFFES normally... Every onces in a while they may get 1 in but they are sold a month before they even know they can sell it.

Good luck though.

dagamore

Poor Driver mod
Reaction score
affes KMC at ramstien has 2 or 3 gt-500 in stock right now, 1 on site at Volgaway and another at the KMC Mall, i think there might be more in the system but still in Canada, but not sure.

if you want to sell it to the germans you have to do extra paper work, but you are not responsible for the TUV/TAX/VAT on it, just write the sales contract up so that the buyer is responsible for any TAX/VAT and that the TAX/VAT is not included in the price, and that they know they are buying it with out the car passing TUV and that they are responsible for getting it passed TUV on their own.

And while a Mustang will get a premium here in Germany it wont be too much because they will need to pay ~20% for VAT/TAX and anywhere from 2-5k euro for TUV even on a stock car. so while you might get a few bucks over selling it in the states, the trouble might not be worth it.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not very accurate. Americans can buy from AAFES and there are plenty of americanized dealerships that sell from NADA to Americans. Trying to sell to a German can get very crazy with the VAT and other transportation stuff getting it transfered into the German DMV. I think it's called TUV... Anyways, I wouldn't plan on selling it fast... If you are really interested in selling you might want to do it state side first, also you won't beable to buy a GT500 through AFFES normally... Every onces in a while they may get 1 in but they are sold a month before they even know they can sell it.

Good luck though.

affes KMC at ramstien has 2 or 3 gt-500 in stock right now, 1 on site at Volgaway and another at the KMC Mall, i think there might be more in the system but still in Canada, but not sure.

if you want to sell it to the germans you have to do extra paper work, but you are not responsible for the TUV/TAX/VAT on it, just write the sales contract up so that the buyer is responsible for any TAX/VAT and that the TAX/VAT is not included in the price, and that they know they are buying it with out the car passing TUV and that they are responsible for getting it passed TUV on their own.

And while a Mustang will get a premium here in Germany it wont be too much because they will need to pay ~20% for VAT/TAX and anywhere from 2-5k euro for TUV even on a stock car. so while you might get a few bucks over selling it in the states, the trouble might not be worth it.

+1... In 2005-2006 it would have been worth it because there weren't many in Germany. Now quite a few German dealerships are carrying them.

lovecheese

forum member
Reaction score
yooo

Hey guys, I'm sure you seen me around the KMC area. I have a 2007 Honda Civic SI Sedan. It use to be the red one with the loud exhaust.

The end of April I pick up my baby. I'll letcha know the day it arrives... be my first V8!

lovecheese

forum member
Reaction score
What's yall thoughts on the C&L intake with the SCT X3 tuner? I'm about to purchase it as my first mod.

5.0Shocker

Resident Bomb Tech
Reaction score
good, although JLT is the best power and the cheapest. I go through BBR, they have great tunes.. What year is your car? I'm about to trade in for a '10, the SCT may not work for it (Then the JLT and SCT would be for sale).

lovecheese

forum member
Reaction score
I'm buying a 2010 GT... the place I plan on buying it from says it will work on an 10.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back