Godzilla!

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Why the Jurassic Park T-Rex rip off? Why not use the traditional Japanese Godzilla head and roar.

The 1998 was the T-Rex rip off. The new one just shows a much larger version of Godzilla and he's been growing over the years, even in the Japanese films. His final Toho form wasn't much smaller than the current version.

Last edited:

JerryC

Reaction score
The 1998 was the T-Rex rip off. The new one just shows a much larger version of Godzilla and he's been growing over the years, even in the Japanese films. His final Toho form wasn't much smaller than the current version.

'98, agree.

2014, when you have the head on shot of the roar the jaw structure and musculature is very similar to the JP T-Rex. Contrasted to Japanese Godzilla's which have a head somewhat like a gator with a short snout.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Honestly I thought the 2014 Godzilla had a dog like face, at least when it came to the facial expressions.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Part of the inspiration for the 2014 Godzilla was bears. That is where the got some of the mannerisms and movements from was watching bears fight.

and going to see Godzilla again tonight the correct way, in IMAX 3D

Reaction score
Part of the inspiration for the 2014 Godzilla was bears. That is where the got some of the mannerisms and movements from was watching bears fight.

and going to see Godzilla again tonight the correct way, in IMAX 3D

I can see that... Bears are probably the only super predator left on earth...

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can see that... Bears are probably the only super predator left on earth...

Lions, Tigers, for land.

Sharks and Orcas for water.

Beautiful women for rich men, everywhere. --like whats her name that took down a Billionare (Sterling)

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Saw this on another site.

"The big news of the day is that helmer Gareth Edwards will be directing a mystery film for release on December 16, 2016. What does that mean, though, for another big screen adventure with the King of Monsters? ComingSoon.net's ShockTillYouDrop.com has an update straight from Legendary Pictures CEO Thomas Tull.

“Gareth's filmmaking talent makes him one of his generation's most creative and visionary directors,” says Tull. “The plan has always been for Gareth to direct a different film before we started on another 'Godzilla,' but who knew it would be a 'Star Wars' installment? We have a great plan in store for 'Godzilla' fans and I am looking forward to seeing Gareth’s imprint on the 'Star Wars' universe.”

The Hollywood Reporter goes on to say that Edwards is attached not only to a sequel, but for a full trilogy."

Basically looks like we have a trilogy coming for Godzilla with the Gareth Edwards set direct the next two movies after he finishes his star wars spin off

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Ahhhhhh damn it!!!! I have tried to see godzilla in imax 3 times now and missed it all 3 times. First time was my fault for time mismanagement, second time got stuck at dinner for the iinlaws and tonight moviefone had the times switched and we missed the imax showing.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I saw Godzilla yesterday and I have to say I was let down. Too slow and not enough monster.

Raeko

forum member
Reaction score
Ahhhhhh damn it!!!! I have tried to see godzilla in imax 3 times now and missed it all 3 times. First time was my fault for time mismanagement, second time got stuck at dinner for the iinlaws and tonight moviefone had the times switched and we missed the imax showing.

Yea man Fuck movie phone its screwed me before too. Really wanted to see Godzilla yesterday but saw xmen instead

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got to see godzilla in imax. Man was that so much better then regular theatre. When you heard godzilla roar for the first time it was insane

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^^Yeah that is what most people don't realize. Its just not a large screen, its the sound system to.

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
Saw it yesterday, it was good but not great. Not enough of the monsters, and godzilla's radioactive breath could have been much better.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah IMO the 3D really didnt add anything to the movie, but that IMAX sound was incredible.

Sound was great, but I personally like the 3d movies where the 3d is only used to provide a little depth of field to the imagery and not the pop-out bs that it used to be. Prometheus, Pacific Rim, and Godzilla probably have the most seemless 3D I've seen recently.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Saw it yesterday, it was good but not great. Not enough of the monsters, and godzilla's radioactive breath could have been much better.

I will agree somewhat on that. When I heard Godzilla was only going to use the breath once or twice, I thought to myself that it would be like unleashing hell and insanely destructive. So when I saw it the first time I was let down, but the second viewing knowing what I was getting it was pretty awesome though.

I still would like to have seen Godzilla use it on the military or something just to see it blow shit up. It still seemed pretty powerful the way it knocked the MUTO back and down for a bit. I think they tried to make it like Godzilla's last resort weapon, which is why he collapsed in the end because he used it multiple times.

The one thing that still really gets me as my main gripe in the movie is when we get our first glimpse of godzilla, that epic intro and it cut away!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back