Godzilla!

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
The one thing that still really gets me as my main gripe in the movie is when we get our first glimpse of godzilla, that epic intro and it cut away!

Are you talking about the old footage on the islands or when he first comes out of the water in Hawaii?

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Yea I agree. My only real issue with the movie was the constant changing in size of Godzilla. I mean at one point he's so big he's got frigates (500+ feet) resting on just his back making him well over 1000' tall and then seconds later he's hitting the golden gate bridge at about chest height. That bridge has 220' of clearance from the bridge to the water and the channel there is 372' deep making him like 700' tall minimum. Then he gets into downtown and there are a number of 700' tall buildings that are taller than him. It's like he shrinks out of water.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Yea I agree. My only real issue with the movie was the constant changing in size of Godzilla. I mean at one point he's so big he's got frigates (500+ feet) resting on just his back making him well over 1000' tall and then seconds later he's hitting the golden gate bridge at about chest height. That bridge has 220' of clearance from the bridge to the water and the channel there is 372' deep making him like 700' tall minimum. Then he gets into downtown and there are a number of 700' tall buildings that are taller than him. It's like he shrinks out of water.

godzilla has always had the inconsistency in height, especially when in water. There would be scenes in the older ones where godzilla was standing in waist high water, only to go under and fight something at the ocean floor.

I think they said this Godzilla was supposed to be 350' tall

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
According to Gareth Edwards while he was promoting Godzilla 2 at the san Diego comic con, Godzilla 2 will feature some classic godzilla foes. Mothra, Rodan and King Ghidorah sounds like the sequel will have plenty of monster action

Here is like a play by play of what happened for Godzilla 2 at comic con apparently

stock news footage like in the beginning of Godzilla

"one secret remains.....There are others"

CODE NAME: RODAN

CODE NAME: MOTHRA

CODE NAME: GHIDORA

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back