Headed to New York

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
We really enjoyed Chicago. Just be prepared to have those show tunes stuck in your head for a few days haha

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Trains run slower and less often off hours.

Yeah, jeans and a nice button down will work at most places.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Having a great time. Got a one week unlimited subway pass and it's already paid for itself. Staying at a hotel with a very cool rooftop bar. Went to Gingerman, Time Square, 9/11 WTC memorial, and a groupon deal at Singapura. We had wine, apps, and entree for 26 bucks, and it was great.

Really liked Gingerman. Went around noon and had the place to ourselves. Had a few IPAs and the Club while watching it rain outside.

So far so good!

12GTCS

forum member
Reaction score
Damn wish I was a member here prior. Could've gotten you guys some help when u come downtown like the 9/11 memorial an stuff.

My tips for NYC are if you want food stay away from downtown and times square lol.

Jarrod did you and up going to the memorial? What day?

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Had a great time in NYC!

On the second day, we spent most of our time at Liberty and Ellis Island. Then we went to Seaport, a few brews in Heartland Brewery, then went on a search for the best slice on NY style pizza. Famous Joe's Pizza had a lot of famous celebrities and politician pictures on the walls, but the pizza was just OK. We then tried Abitino's Pizza and thought that was a little better. Finished up day two on the 17th floor roof bar of our hotel, with great views of the Chrysler Building, Empire State Building, and the East River.

Day three we started out at the Today Show at NBC. Didn't get on TV, but it was cool watching them tape the show from outside the window of Studio 1A right on the street corner. Went to get some breakfast and then started our trek out to Yankee Stadium to catch a game. Really awesome being in Yankee stadium watching the game. Had some Goose Creek IPA at $12 a cup, but at least they were big cups (23oz?). Next we went to snag some tickets at Times Square at the TKTS counter. Line was long, but moving fast, got some seats for Zarkana, Circus de Soleil in the Orchestra only 7 rows from the stage for 75 each. We couldn't believe our luck, folks around us paid triple that for their seats. While waiting for the show, got the world's biggest and best Reuben at Carnegie Deli. Highly recommend splitting one with someone, just get extra bread and try to save room for a slice of Cheescake. Went to the show and sipped on a $10 Jack and Coke while watching Zarkana. Radio City Music Hall is awesome, highly recommend a visit there.

Then, the next morning we got the hell out of dodge. Gave away our unlimited bus passes (good for 3 more days) to the bus driver when we got the airport. Now need to save up for our next trip next year.

Thanks again for all the tips and advice on here. Made our trip go much smoother and knew what to expect.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Glad u had a good time Hatch

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Damn wish I was a member here prior. Could've gotten you guys some help when u come downtown like the 9/11 memorial an stuff.

My tips for NYC are if you want food stay away from downtown and times square lol.

Jarrod did you and up going to the memorial? What day?

Yea we ended up down there on that Wednesday we were in town. Spent a good part of the day there. We had a blast. My wife is ready to go back already. We've been talking about trying to make a trip down there around Christmas time.

Thekid760

forum member
Reaction score
Bump,

Here now having a blast!

View from our hotel (err apt) on 41st/9th.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354406136.975158.jpg

Had lunch at Katz, the pastrami was great.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354406216.345545.jpg

Took the double decker bus "grey line" downtown tour. That was a great way to get a quick glimpse of the city and it had on off privileges.

Going to Ground Zero tomorrow, and the Staten Island ferry since Ellis and the Statue are still closed from Sandy.

And of coarse had to check out Rockefeller Center.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354406396.882163.jpg

Going to check out Chicago on mon or tues. and tips for a nicer place near broadway that's not too crazy expensive?

Misspelling courtesy of my fat fingers...

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For food near Bway?

John's on 44th or 45th west if Bway

Virgil's 43 or 44th east of Bway

Thekid760

forum member
Reaction score
Is johns a pizzeria? Gf won't go for that, I think she wants to go to a nice restaurant where we won't be the only people dressed up, fancy I guess you can call it. But of coarse I don't want something that's $200 a plate.

Misspelling courtesy of my fat fingers...

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
My cousin went to 21 club on 52nd between 5th and 6th I think or maybe it was 6th and 7th but anyway I know they had a dress code and she said that the food was good and they had a nice bar. Plus it is a cool history spot that was used during the prohibition era.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lmao. As long as the number is the same, then yes I still have it. How is the weather that in mid February?

it's the same. Mid Feb can be brutal brother. Last year wasn't bad but you never know with that bitch Mother Nature.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Lucky man! I wouldn't mind heading back for another week during the summer time. We're planning on using a little bit of our tax return towards another trip

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
This was way out of left field for me. I was playing a little Xbox and the wife booked the trip. Nothing was planned, that's for sure. lol

She came into the room and told me the dates, and what airport we are flying out of. It was a WTF moment for sure.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back