Heating issue

Legend_Jr

Reaction score
While my heater is on while I am driving it works fine. But as soon as slow down to Coe to a stop, my car starts sounding like it's being bogged down and gonna die.

Not sure what's going on. Any help in diagnosing, would be great.

Thx

groundpounder

forum member
Reaction score
So you think the HVAC system is causing the engine to break up and run rough when coming to a stop? Does it do it with the AC on as opposed to heat? Any CELs? Any codes?

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
Is this a overhearing issue? Whats the engine temperatures? Is the fan working?

Or a blower motor electrical issue?? Whats is the battery voltage at?

Legend_Jr

Reaction score
So you think the HVAC system is causing the engine to break up and run rough when coming to a stop? Does it do it with the AC on as opposed to heat? Any CELs? Any codes?

AC works just fine, it only does this when the heat is on. It's an instant change in stability. Soon as I turn the dial to select what I want IE:def, floor, etc etc..it starts rumbling hard. No codes.

Legend_Jr

Reaction score
Is this a overhearing issue? Whats the engine temperatures? Is the fan working?

Or a blower motor electrical issue?? Whats is the battery voltage at?

No over heating. Coolant flow is good. Fan works.
Battery voltage stays a steady 13.8V

groundpounder

forum member
Reaction score
So if you are coming to a stop AND rotate the directional HVAC knob the engine starts to shudder? That would be the first I'd heard of that. What does the tachometer say? I'm thinking one of the blender door actuator motors is failing and you are confusing that noise with the engine. Those acuators die a noisy death and are a known issue. I've gone through three in the last 9 years.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back