Hello everyone

davidjurss1

Reaction score
Hey, my name is David, and just got back into the Mustang scene again. Just recently bought a 2008 GT/CS in black, and looking to turn it into my next project. This is my third Mustang GT, second S197, and first GT/CS, so I'm still learning a few things about it. Right now I'm just fixing up a few things the previous owner left unfinished or broken, so once I get done with that, next step is the build!

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Greetings/welcome fm East-Central NE...sit down, log-in & enjoy the ride!!!

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey, my name is David, and just got back into the Mustang scene again. Just recently bought a 2008 GT/CS in black, and looking to turn it into my next project. This is my third Mustang GT, second S197, and first GT/CS, so I'm still learning a few things about it. Right now I'm just fixing up a few things the previous owner left unfinished or broken, so once I get done with that, next step is the build!

Welcome to the site! Have you posted an pics yet?

davidjurss1

Reaction score
The GT/CS is supposed to have charcoal and parchment, or charcoal and dove interiors. For some reason this one doesn't. I got a dealer to email me the original window sticker, and for interior it just says DESC UKNOWN

JJDAG

forum member
Reaction score
The GT/CS is supposed to have charcoal and parchment, or charcoal and dove interiors. For some reason this one doesn't. I got a dealer to email me the original window sticker, and for interior it just says DESC UKNOWN
Take a look on this site for info on your car
http://californiaspecial.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can also check mustangheaven.com they have the code breakdown for all the options, I believe the California special package is (54c). Also it is very possible the prior owner damaged the driver seat and picked up a set of seats from a wrecked Mustang gt.

Last edited by a moderator:

davidjurss1

Reaction score
I'm starting to think it might have been ordered that way. Dealer sticker should've shown what the interior color was, but it doesnt. I've even asked the question on the California Special forum, and no one can give an answer there either.

It should be listed here, like all other options, but it's not.

Screenshot_20180726-172644_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

JJDAG

forum member
Reaction score
It should be listed here, like all other options, but it's not.

View attachment 67765
Interesting, they also don’t have the ordering and ship to name and address of the ordering dealer. One thing I did notice in the pic of the interior the seat stitching pattern is not the same as a gt or gt/cs it looks like the pattern for a v6 premium. Take a look at some google pics you’ll see the difference. I used to work for a Ford dealer not all vehicle orders are what they should be. Be interesting to research this.
John

davidjurss1

Reaction score
Yeah that's why I had the dealer send me the window sticker, since I was starting to have my doubts that it was a real GT/CS. With my VIN, it brought up the one I posted above, and everything matches the window sticker, so I'm positive it's a real CS. The seats threw me off for sure, since it's supposed to come with 2 tone. Maybe I just got a weird one.

JJDAG

forum member
Reaction score
I know it’s a cost but maybe a Marti report may shed some light if you specifically asked about the desc for the interior. I think there like $50. Also execs at the manufactures can and do at times order a car differently than what you or I could order just from the dealer. It would also be a possibility when the car was on the line the wrong seats were in your cars line and installed, although I would think the dealer would be on the phone with ford bitching after taking delivery.
Either way you have a very nice ride. Post any findings on the seats
John

davidjurss1

Reaction score
I'll find out more and post for sure

So, after looking at the door tag and doing a little investigating, turns out someone just replaced the front and back seats with gray. Code is MD, so it's supposed to have charcoal with dove inserts.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back