Heres your chance to get a pair of SHR FLUSH MOUNT LOUVERS 2005-2009

mrt2you

forum member
Reaction score
i would order at least 2 sets for extras. i like the 05-09 much more than the 10 and up cars. i plan on owning one until i can't drive any more.

Last edited:

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Can we do our respective colors or are these non-painted? If it's 190 preorders of ANY color pre-painted, I'm in I'll preorder a UA Black set.

Vallee

forum member
Reaction score
Ok news flash.
Been corresponding with Marcello at SilverHorseRacing.com and getting the flush mount louvers is very much a possibilty.
The catch is we need 190 prepaid orders on his website (which he will set up) if this feeler gets a good response.

So, what about it fellas do you think theres 190 people out there (190) willing to get this going?

I will start a main thread and see if this gets any traction.

I just ordered a prepainted leftover set as a backup. Luckily he had a set the same color as as my car. I absolutely love these louvers and would hate to see them go obsolete. They are the best looking ones out there. Ford should have made them standard equipment. Create a thread and I will spread the word.

bambam 06

Reaction score
I just ordered a prepainted leftover set as a backup. Luckily he had a set the same color as as my car. I absolutely love these louvers and would hate to see them go obsolete. They are the best looking ones out there. Ford should have made them standard equipment. Create a thread and I will spread the word.
The Cobra Jets have them from factory..

MrBottleneck

forum member
Reaction score
First off I will be creating a new Thread but, after receiving the go ahead from Marcello (owner of SHR) with permission to copy his email here it is.
-–------------------------------------------------------------
Mike,

Feel free to copy / paste below as you see fit:

Due to repeated requests from our customers that may have missed the opportunity or need a new set for their latest project or as a backup for an existing set, we’re offering to make a final run of our patented Flush-Mount louvers that fit the 2005-09 Mustang.

Typically, we run 1000 sets as a production run. That is two Gaylord containers of material, the minimum we can typically purchase of the special mix we use (color, UV protection, etc).

Even raising the price to cover increased setup costs on a short run and paying the penalty for a single Gaylord order of material, we’re looking at around 500 sets to run. So to justify that, we’d need at least 200 sets pre-ordered. We know that’s a tall order. If the preorder minimum is met by March 30,2019, we will make the run. If it is not, pre-orders will be refunded in full. Be aware that even after production is started, it typically takes sixteen (16) weeks from when we commit until when we have finished product ready to ship to customers. It is a drawn-out process to have the custom material ordered and made, then get time on the 300 ton injection press, and actually have a good run made.

If you’d like to order, Here’s the page on our website:

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/SH...ers-pair-UNPAINTED-for-2005-2009-Mustang.html

MrBottleneck

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, after corresponding with Marcello (owner of SHR) there is a opportunity to get a pair of the gorgeous 2005-2009 SHR Louvers that where discontinued.
He has granted me permission to copy and paste are final email correspondence.

If you have wanted a pair NOWS YOUR CHANCE.

Here is the correspondence in its entire form so, please read.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike,

Feel free to copy / paste below as you see fit:

Due to repeated requests from our customers that may have missed the opportunity or need a new set for their latest project or as a backup for an existing set, we’re offering to make a final run of our patented Flush-Mount louvers that fit the 2005-09 Mustang.

Typically, we run 1000 sets as a production run. That is two Gaylord containers of material, the minimum we can typically purchase of the special mix we use (color, UV protection, etc).

Even raising the price to cover increased setup costs on a short run and paying the penalty for a single Gaylord order of material, we’re looking at around 500 sets to run. So to justify that, we’d need at least 200 sets pre-ordered. We know that’s a tall order. If the preorder minimum is met by March 30,2019, we will make the run. If it is not, pre-orders will be refunded in full. Be aware that even after production is started, it typically takes sixteen (16) weeks from when we commit until when we have finished product ready to ship to customers. It is a drawn-out process to have the custom material ordered and made, then get time on the 300 ton injection press, and actually have a good run made.

If you’d like to order, Here’s the page on our website:

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/SH...ers-pair-UNPAINTED-for-2005-2009-Mustang.html

mrt2you

forum member
Reaction score
as i posted in the other thread i placed a order for 2 sets.

i also posted in INBOC the bullitt message board and i made a post in my local mustang facebook page.

Gab

Bullitthead
Reaction score
These looks great, and my comment doesn't help any, but I'm going to say it anyway: I really wish SLP would make their 9 slat louvers again. They looked the most like the '68 louvers.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Please review the rules - thread is not tech - moved to chat

good luck on getting the buy doen

MrBottleneck

forum member
Reaction score
Well, somebody bought a set today.
I figure we need atleast one set a day bought to get close. Two sets a day would make it for sure though. But, its not getting that as of right now I dont think.
Lets hope for the best. :)

07 Boss

Reaction score
Well the body shop cut my louvers out and didn't ding them up. I've already ordered all of my new rear quarter window dress up stuff. I will keep these and try and scuff, mask and spray them and keep them around. I may not like the new scoops and opt to put them back on.

Back