HID upgrade

kazman59

King of Kazmania
Reaction score
I got a set of Ford GT500 factory HID Headlights from an '08. When I plug them into my '07 GT500 harness they light up for 3 seconds then shut off. Doesn't matter running or not. Could this be due to CANBUS or lack there of? All manual, no DRL.

Anyone have any experience with this?
TIA.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
These cars don't have CANBUS or LINBUS for that matter, the SJB controls current output to various components rather than a trigger wire like German cars etc. If you are doing an actual OEM Retrofit from halogen to HID you are in for a little treat, more than just swapping headlight buckets is needed. If you are on a factory halogen harness or even an HID harness that has not been modified with a current limiting diode, you may have damaged the ballasts. PM me with more questions as I've done this swap before.

Last edited:

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Upon reflection I don't think HID was an option on a 07 so you must have a Halogen car. Don't run em anymore until you source an 08-09 HID GT500 front headlight harness from Ford. That is required for the swap and includes the relays to trigger the ballasts

kazman59

King of Kazmania
Reaction score
... Did you have factory HID's before or no?

No

These cars don't have CANBUS or LINBUS for that matter, the SJB controls current output to various components rather than a trigger wire like German cars etc. If you are doing an actual OEM Retrofit from halogen to HID you are in for a little treat, more than just swapping components is needed. If you are on a factory harness or even an HID harness that has not been modified with a current limiting diode, you may have damaged the ballasts. PM me with more questions as I've done this swap before.

I'll send pm tomorrow...

Upon reflection I don't think HID was an option on a 07 so you must have a Halogen car. Don't run em anymore until you source an 08-09 HID GT500 front headlight harness from Ford. That is required for the swap and includes the relays to trigger the ballasts

Roger that, thanks for the quick reply. I'll be in contact.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back