Hissing/white noise after suspension lowered

Discussion in '2007+ Mustang GT500 Tech' started by TOWGUNNER, Nov 22, 2015.

1. TOWGUNNER

TOWGUNNER forum member

Gentlemen
    Need your help please. I’m having trouble trying to diagnose a noise coming from the rear passenger area of my 2007 GT500 with only 5k miles. The noise that I am hearing is a constant hissing/white noise. It only does it when the car is in motion. It does not go away when applying the brakes or pressing in the clutch. I checked to see if the Ebrake lines were rubbing and that’s a negative. It doesn’t get louder with speed just a consistent noise. I thought it was the caliper rubbing on the brakes/rotors but seems not to be the case? All I had installed were some racecraft lower control arms, Eibach sportline lowering springs, and a racecraft adjustable pan hard bar. All mentioned parts have been on the car less than 100 miles. Is this normal to hear that? I know when messing with the suspension you are going to get a lot of road noise but wasn’t expecting this. If this is normal then I will be fine with it, if it’s not ill be taking It into the dealership to get it looked at since I have warranty on it. I had my son record the noise but having trouble trying to load the video on youtube to post on here. Thanks for your time.

2. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member S197 Team Member

are the LCAs poly or rod end?

it sounds like just added NVH from the suppension upgrades

3. TOWGUNNER

TOWGUNNER forum member

4. stkjock

Those links just bring me to the home page. If they are spherical rod ends, they pass a lot more noise from the chasis. The stock parts hide the noise.

5. TOWGUNNER

TOWGUNNER forum member

sorry here are the pics attached. Thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

6. JUSTA3V

JUSTA3V Moar Throttle!

You are defenantly going to pick up some new NVH with those bad boys bolted on.

7. stkjock

those are rod ends... you'll be hearing a lot more noise as a result. 99% probability that what you're hearing is totally normal.

8. TOWGUNNER

TOWGUNNER forum member

Ok thanks gents I'm definitely liking that they keep me going forward and no wheel hop

9. black2008gt

black2008gt GT500 NOOB

Its NVH from the supspesion components. Same noise happened when i upgraded to spherical bushings.

10. TOWGUNNER

TOWGUNNER forum member

Is the 1/4 mile track open again in San Antonio??? (black2008gt)

11. black2008gt

black2008gt GT500 NOOB

yes it is, but closed for winter.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  12. 46Tbird

46Tbird forum member

Check your rear brake dust shields. They are thin sheet metal and bend easily. You might have done something that pushed one of them up against the rotor.

[​IMG]

13. TOWGUNNER

TOWGUNNER forum member

Yup that was the first thing we checked. That's a negative on that. Thanks.

14. thetylerjames15

thetylerjames15 Junior Member

Similar problem

I have the same type of noise however it only happens when I press in the clutch.. I also have a lowering kit