How NOT to "detail" your car.

Mustang259

forum member
Reaction score
While i agree that GARRY DEAN IS ANNOYING TO LISTEN TO, his waterless wash method works quite well and helps new and inexperienced people to understand that there are other options beside a traditional wash, which most people do incorrectly anyway. Don't knock the method just because you don't like the guy, his ideas are sound and useful. There are MANY other you tube videos on detailing that are disastrous if followed, go ferret them out if you want a real laugh.

claudermilk

Reaction score
We post them whenever there is one related to the topic. Especially when SVTP gets talked about in the TToTD thread.

I Lol'd at this.

Few of my favorites:

Also, Lupo, if you know about how Shaun@AED tried to get a guy fired from his job over some stupid BS, there are a couple videos about that on there as well.
I wasn't sure who he was either. This clarified things. Hilarious videos, keep up the good work.

fiveohalex

forum member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure who he was either. This clarified things. Hilarious videos, keep up the good work.

Thanks brother, been quiet for a bit because i am moving to TX. Once there, #YDBT will be in full affect...or is it effect....hmm...it's effect.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Makes sense now! did you have another username?? i never really paid much attention to who posted as much as what they posted, so now I know. Funny shit man!

fiveohalex

forum member
Reaction score
Houston, Traffic hell. But i needed to get warm. Doubt this is my last spot thought. We'll see. :)

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
Houston, Traffic hell. But i needed to get warm. Doubt this is my last spot thought. We'll see. :)

You will love Houston for the culture. So much to do it isnt even funny. Yes the traffic sucks, but San Antonio & DFW isn't any better. Welcome to the great Republic of Texas!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
question from ignorance - other than a water restriction issue, why would one want to do a waterless wash?

SSStang

forum member
Reaction score
question from ignorance - other than a water restriction issue, why would one want to do a waterless wash?

I do a rinseless in the garage when its to cold outside. Its actually faster. I drag out a lot off stuff to do a two bucket wash hose leaf blower extension cord etc. With rinseless I use one bucket with microfibers a spray bottle and cobra waffle weave for drying.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
I do a rinseless in the garage when its to cold outside. Its actually faster. I drag out a lot off stuff to do a two bucket wash hose leaf blower extension cord etc. With rinseless I use one bucket with microfibers a spray bottle and cobra waffle weave for drying.

I second this! It takes me all of 30 minutes to prep the waterless wash, wash, detail wipe and clean up.

Conventional way takes a good hour and a half to get Pressure washer out/connected, buckets filled, foam gun attached and filled, rinse, wash, rinse, flood rinse with DI water, blow dry with leaf blower, final detail wipe, put away washer, rinse & store buckets and mitt... LOL... I need help...:chainsaw:

fiveohalex

forum member
Reaction score
You will love Houston for the culture. So much to do it isnt even funny. Yes the traffic sucks, but San Antonio & DFW isn't any better. Welcome to the great Republic of Texas!

You'll get used to it or just drive. At night lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Already getting used to the traffic, It's like a free for all and indy 500 combined. But it's fine. There's plenty to do for sure!

Thanks for welcoming me to this state, so far everyone is nice, approachable, good people here so far, oh an yea, everyone seems to want to race me, LOL.
Where would be the best place on this forum for me to post my videos? I'd hate to post stuff in the wrong area.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
I second this! It takes me all of 30 minutes to prep the waterless wash, wash, detail wipe and clean up.

Conventional way takes a good hour and a half to get Pressure washer out/connected, buckets filled, foam gun attached and filled, rinse, wash, rinse, flood rinse with DI water, blow dry with leaf blower, final detail wipe, put away washer, rinse & store buckets and mitt... LOL... I need help...:chainsaw:

Takes me 15-20 minutes to wash/dry my mustang conventional. And thats including moving my detailing, pulling the Mustang out of the garage, setting everything up, and thoroughly drying using only the leaf blower. Gotta get them skills up brah lol

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
15-20 minutes???!!!!! How the eff do you do that? I need a video of this sorcery

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
Takes me 15-20 minutes to wash/dry my mustang conventional. And thats including moving my detailing, pulling the Mustang out of the garage, setting everything up, and thoroughly drying using only the leaf blower. Gotta get them skills up brah lol

And here we thought Junkman had the skills to do the impossible.

How many buckets are you using? Does that involve cleaning the wheels, tires, etc?

I don't know how it only takes 15 minutes. I move very quickly and it takes me approx. 1 hour to use 4 buckets (1 bucket for the top half of the car, 1 for the lower, 1 rinsing bucket and 1 bucket for my wheels/tires) let the car soak with a foam gun, drying the car off thoroughly. That includes moving 3 cars around our driveway, filling each of the buckets with water/shampoo, filling my foam gun, etc.

Can you post a video of said 15 minute complete up/down wash/dry method that is conventional?

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Serious...It takes me a couple minutes to fill my 2 5 gal buckets up, maybe 3-4 to pull the hose out and set up the pressure washer, a few minutes for various items, pre soaking with the foam cannon takes like 5 minutes, then blasting off with the pressure washer, going over with the wash mitt, rinse, dry, and I'm at like an hour.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back