how often do you grease your polyurethane bushings?

Discussion in '2005+ Mustang GT 4.6L Tech' started by MasterofDisaster, Sep 19, 2022.

1. MasterofDisaster

MasterofDisaster Member

I installed some aftermarket control arms a few years ago. Directions said "Grease your control arm bushings 2-3 times a year adding only 1 pump of grease, DO NOT OVER GREASE."
    I've had problems with noise greasing at that interval. How often do you lube your polyurethane?

2. Juice

Juice forum member

No matter how much I greased my rear sway bar, the squeaks returned. I stopped greasing them. Now they have some play, but make no noise anymore.

3. MasterofDisaster

MasterofDisaster Member

Thanks, Juice. Part of my problem is the low quality grease fittings now-a-days. The car is noticeably quieter since a local shop installed some new fittings and pumped the bushings full of grease.

4. Laga

Laga Senior Member

What kind of grease are you using? I use silicone, not petroleum, grease on my poly bushings and have no squeaks.

5. MasterofDisaster

MasterofDisaster Member

I'm using a marine grease. Maybe Lucas brand? Are you talking about silicone spray?

6. Laga

Laga Senior Member

31F51DFD-CEA9-4B8C-8E1C-613D79428428.jpeg

7. MasterofDisaster

MasterofDisaster Member

Thanks, Laga. Ima have to try that. I had used the SuperLube teflon, but maybe I didn't use enough or often enough.

Laga likes this.
  8. totaljustice

totaljustice Junior Member

In the heavy equipment world we usually grease joints weekly. Sometimes every 8 engine hours depending on the stress the joints are under.

9. MasterofDisaster

MasterofDisaster Member

Thanks, Total. I've added it to my calendar for every other month. I'll see how that works.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.