How to lube BMR front lower control arms? 2005 Saleen Mustang

Discussion in '2005+ Mustang GT 4.6L Tech' started by steve shaker, Jul 14, 2022.

1. steve shaker

steve shaker Junior Member

I installed the BMR front lower control arms..but now I am unable to access the grease fitting. Anybody have this issue or a solution? I even bought the 90 degree angle to try to access it, however it would not fit. Please help :) IMG_7870.jpg

2. Laga

Laga Senior Member

F89BE01F-527F-4796-B9B0-5987A99830F9.jpeg Remove straight grease fittings and install 45° or 90° fittings. Then you will be able to get a grease gun on them.

Flusher likes this.
  3. pass1over

pass1over I like it LOW

yea, your going to have to take that fitting out and get a 45° or a 90° grease zerk fitting to access it.

Might get lucky at an Ace hardware or a Napa and they'll have them in stock. Pretty common item.

4. 86GT351

86GT351 forum member

Straight fitting will not work. You will need an angled fitting. I would say 90 degrees

5. JerryZ

JerryZ Junior Member

I had the exact same problem. IIRC I used the 45 but I still had to use a burr and carefully enlarge the hole just a bit and it worked fine.

6. Redfire_Jimi

Redfire_Jimi Junior Member

This may sound like a silly question, but I am having trouble greasing the BMR poly bushings. I hooked up my grease gun, but it doesn't seem like any grease is entering the fitting.

7. Laga

Laga Senior Member

Be more specific. Is the grease not going into the fitting and squirting out all over the place? Does it feel like it’s going in and you don’t see any coming out of bushing? Gun not working? What’s happening exactly?

Redfire_Jimi likes this.
  8. DieHarder

DieHarder Senior Member

Try another, ensure the grease gun is straight (in line w/the fitting) if grease enters another one fine then you may need to replace the fitting on the one that will not fill. It's not uncommon for fittings to fail. As noted above they're a common item that can be found at most any hardware store.

If it won't fill any fitting/no grease comes out at all then the end of the grease gun may need to be replaced. I've had both happen.

Redfire_Jimi likes this.
  9. jewc75

jewc75 S197 Junkie S197 Team Member

10. Redfire_Jimi

The grease isn't going into the fittings and squirts around the fittings. I bought the grease gun from Jegs (see image below)
    upload_2022-8-10_12-13-53.png

11. Redfire_Jimi

I have used the grease gun for other applications and the fitting works. I was beginning to think the fitting was the wrong size.

12. Laga

Laga Senior Member

Use the tip of a small screwdriver and see if you can push the ball in and try again. Or just replace it.
    I used to run a garbage business. Our trucks had many grease fittings. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t.

Redfire_Jimi likes this.
  13. Redfire_Jimi

I'll try that this weekend and report back.

14. 07 Boss

07 Boss Senior Member

I got one of these pneumatic ones a while back and never looked back. It's super duper handy and now that I screwed on the 90* slide on nozzle I just use it for all of the fittings.

[​IMG]

Redfire_Jimi likes this.
  15. jewc75

jewc75 S197 Junkie S197 Team Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.