How would this look on a stock hood?

moooosestang

Reaction score
You can legally remove your own airbag, if you want to but no shop can do it legally..
You cannot sell a car that came with airbags to another party without those airbags...
You can sell a car in Florida without airbags that originally came with them. Hell, according to google you can sell it without disclosing it to the buyer, that's seem crazy. It might be illegal in your state.

Last edited:

moooosestang

Reaction score
View attachment 86106 View attachment 86107 These are track spec louvers that I installed this winter. They are specific for this mustang, so there’s no issues with bending them or molding them into a shape. I cannot vouch how well they reduce the temperature under the hood yet because it’s still winter here in Ohio but I’m hoping for good results.
That looks really good.

moooosestang

Reaction score
Does that steering wheel comes with an air bag?
No airbag. The airbag is now 17 years old it may not even deploy. Never been a big fan of front facing airbags. they are not required. The seat belt is the main safety device. 200mph projectile coming at my face doesn't appeal to me in the least. I have corbeau 3 point retractable harness coming as well that have two shoulder straps. In a head on collision the airbag might save your life, maybe, anything less it probably won't even deploy. They used to deploy even in relatively slow speed crashes until they realized the things were killing people, sad. took the horn ring off and flush mounted it. this steering wheel doesn't just look pretty. It really makes driving more fun. i love this thing! Who mentioned Canada? I don't give two shits what happens in Canada.
momo9.jpg

moooosestang

Reaction score
I have seen it on a 2013 and it looked OK. The guy said it dropped his under hood temps big time. Here is another option.

Also was that steering wheel plug and play? Where did you get it?

I also saw that video. Now i'm looking at a trackspec hood vent for a c6 corvette of all things. it will fit in the hood better so i don't have to cut the structural supports.
220521060_620948082122651_4194738060155786537_n.jpg

The steering wheel needs a hub adapter specific to your year mustang. I got the wheel off amazon for $250, they retail for $300. It's a 350mm wheel, slightly smaller diameter than stock and of course D shaped. Adapter was $100 on amazon, but you can find them on ebay for $50 and i did an NRG quick release hub (another $115) so i can remove it when i park. I really don't need a quick release, but i didn't want someone steeling my $300 steering wheel.

moooosestang

Reaction score
here's another picture. I think this will fit in the cutout for the hood scoop with minimal cutting of the support structure. It will cost me $249 to see if it looks like crap. i can always try to resell it and buy an aftermarket hood.
240454098_4895068237175670_8496434610029874112_n.jpg

1ohiostang

Reaction score
So did that bend around the hood just fine? it's hard to tell from the pic and it's black.

Yes it lays on there pretty nice. The hardest part was lining up the bend down the center of the hood. Let me know if you want any other pictures

moooosestang

Reaction score
sorry, lost track of where this thread was at. some of ya'll maybe interested in what i finally decided to do. Can you guess what vent this is from? Going to wrap the hood the same as the roof. had to cut it a little to clear the whipple. This was the best looking option imo. it won't flow as much as a trackspec vent, but it was also only $49!

heat18.jpg

heat19.jpg

heat23.jpg

heatwhipple.jpg

Last edited:

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
I think that looks way better on a cowl hood than it would on a stock hood. Do they make a wicker for those vents? that was part of the reason i wanted to do the c6 corvette vent.
I had to Google what a vent wicker is haha. Don’t think TrackSpec has em. After learning what they do, I want wickers now though

moooosestang

Reaction score
I had to Google what a vent wicker is haha. Don’t think TrackSpec has em. After learning what they do, I want wickers now though
Yeah, the wicker(trackspecs term i think) is supposed to increase the amount of air flow. I just think they look cool. you could probably make something that is functional.

moooosestang

Reaction score
wrapped the hood, still loving this vent. it looks like a hood scoop.mustangwrap1.jpg
I miscalculated just how well things show through vinyl. i tried to cover up some big chips with sandable primer and didn't sand it down enough. you can really see it in the sun. going to have to redo it.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back