HP/boost limits of stock intake manifold?

GT500KR

forum member
Reaction score
tried searching but either came up with nothing or got a fatal error.

anyways looking to see what the HP and boost limits are on the stock intake manifold. is it so bad that one would need a FRPP intake... especially one that flexes?? :/

looking to build a turbo setup and i am doing my research into what i need.

thanks for everyone's help.

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
tried searching but either came up with nothing or got a fatal error.

anyways looking to see what the HP and boost limits are on the stock intake manifold. is it so bad that one would need a FRPP intake... especially one that flexes?? :/

looking to build a turbo setup and i am doing my research into what i need.

thanks for everyone's help.

My friends built 09 ran 25 psi on a stock intake manifold without issue. He's currently using the FRPP manifold at 30 psi.

Waakeeen

Reaction score
I’m just going around resurrecting old threads lol. I working on my build, 302 forged block, stage 3 heads, stage 2 cams. So I’m on the fence regarding the stock intake manifold, I aiming for 22-25psi and whatever hp that comes with it so after reading this thread I’m thinking my stock intake should hold up fine, right?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I’m just going around resurrecting old threads lol. I working on my build, 302 forged block, stage 3 heads, stage 2 cams. So I’m on the fence regarding the stock intake manifold, I aiming for 22-25psi and whatever hp that comes with it so after reading this thread I’m thinking my stock intake should hold up fine, right?

Yeah. Delete the charge motion valves.

Waakeeen

Reaction score
Oh yeah for sure they've been removed already when I installed the supercharger. With the market lacking intake manifolds for the 3v I figured might as well keep the one I got.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back