HT0 spark plug new design?

05stang

Reaction score
I recently bought new ht0 plugs and noticed they are different from the ones I had previously purchased. As you can see the ground elctrode is welded on as opposed to being a one piece. The insulator is also thicker on the new plugs. Anybody that recently purchased ht0 notice this change?
65cf33590e3a50f22a898bee44f9dd79.jpg

5c9ca5da11416630c499ef14a14e0024.jpg

601af6bad54f394fbaff7641bdc46f4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I recently bought new ht0 plugs and noticed they are different from the ones I had previously purchased. As you can see the ground elctrode is welded on as opposed to being a one piece. The insulator is also thicker on the new plugs. Anybody that recently purchased ht0 notice this change?
65cf33590e3a50f22a898bee44f9dd79.jpg

5c9ca5da11416630c499ef14a14e0024.jpg

601af6bad54f394fbaff7641bdc46f4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes! I've also noticed the ground electrode and insulator design change. However, despite the thicker insulator, don't be fooled, as these latest revised HT0 plugs are still nevertheless a 2-piece design spark plug!

05stang

Reaction score
Yes! I've also noticed the ground electrode and insulator design change. However, despite the thicker insulator, don't be fooled, as these latest revised HT0 plugs are still nevertheless a 2-piece design spark plug!
Did you notice any difference in performance with this new design? I know the step colder plugs have a thicker insulator and these are thicker than my old ht0.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Did you notice any difference in performance with this new design? I know the step colder plugs have a thicker insulator and these are thicker than my old ht0.
Honestly, I haven't noticed any difference in performance from the previous design to the current revised design. I also run one-degree colder plugs, as my Saleen VI blower requires them. Also note, I'm currently on my second set of HT0 plugs. The first was from the previous design which had the one-piece ground electrode and now the second set with the latest design which now includes the ground electrode welded on along with the thicker insulator.

Personally, I prefer the one-piece ground electrodes over the current design which now has them welded on. IMHO, the one-piece ground electrode was the much better/stronger design. However, I do like the thicker insulator of the current design much better.

Last edited:

05stang

Reaction score
Honestly, I haven't noticed any difference in performance from the previous design to the current revised design. I also run one-degree colder plugs, as my Saleen VI blower requires them. Also note, I'm currently on my second set of HT0 plugs. The first was from the previous design which had the one-piece ground electrode and now the second set with the latest design which now includes the ground electrode welded on along with the thicker insulator.

Personally, I prefer the one-piece ground electrodes over the current design which now has them welded on. IMHO, the one-piece ground electrode was the much better/stronger design. However, I do like the thicker insulator of the current design much better.
That’s good to hear, I just wanted to make sure I didn’t get some counterfeit plugs. I did notice these are easier to gap.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
That’s good to hear, I just wanted to make sure I didn’t get some counterfeit plugs. I did notice these are easier to gap.
Yes, the welded on ground electrodes are in fact easier to gap. Perhaps that was part of the reason behind the revised design change :shrug:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back