I passed inspection!

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
After all the bs, and rejection after rejection at the NJDMV inspection, I finally passed today! A big thanks goes out to Lito, thank you for getting the car "passable". I even tried adding a "high flow cat" to help keep my car emission friendly. Well, that melded right up and start clogging the exhaust, so its now a high flow gutted cat. It feels so good to have the car all legal on the road now!

ba64b963-5ca3-4ab3-97f9-32f8e21d9d59_zps93a57dad.jpg

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
So you took my advise and went to Lito....If anyone can get it done it's him.

I'm sure he is going to have fun tuning my new engine when it's done...E-force blown 11:1 iron block with .020 over pistons....

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats. Its crazy how intense inspections in some states are.

It's been very entertaining with all the questions that I've been ask with the multiple trips to the DMV. I even had a lady ask me if my turbo was my cat:wtf:

Nice, I was sweating when I had to take my Bullitt to get it done. The fouler plugs actually worked.

yah, it's very nerve racking waiting in line.

So you took my advise and went to Lito....If anyone can get it done it's him.

I'm sure he is going to have fun tuning my new engine when it's done...E-force blown 11:1 iron block with .020 over pistons....

Yah, I went to Lito awhile ago, the man knows his stuff. I'm slowly putting together a motor (I have a spare 3v, bnib forged internals) and I already installed a TR6060 since apparently lito tune is so awesome and the car is making such good power, my tr3650 took a crap.

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
I'm using the old fouler trick as well, my car is due for NJ Inspection this month. It better pass!

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
^just make sure the 02 sensors are on in the tune.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
congrats. Lund hooked me up with a tune to get me past NYS last year.

wht67

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Awesome! While I have been able to pass inspection with other tuners whith other mods, Lito's was by far the easiest. Only had to have one revision to the tune after sending him the fails from the inspection readout. One year with a previous tuner it took two months and almost a dozen revisions to the tune to pass!

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Awesome! While I have been able to pass inspection with other tuners whith other mods, Lito's was by far the easiest. Only had to have one revision to the tune after sending him the fails from the inspection readout. One year with a previous tuner it took two months and almost a dozen revisions to the tune to pass!

+2, one rev tune and I was one my way to awesomeness.

BLKBULLITT

forum member
Reaction score
You guys have it rough hey..

No need for inspections here at all unless the car is over 10 years old. And in that case all they require is an insurance inspection just basically stating the car is in safe condition to drive.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You guys have it rough hey..

No need for inspections here at all unless the car is over 10 years old. And in that case all they require is an insurance inspection just basically stating the car is in safe condition to drive.

It's not even a matter if the vehicle is safe to drive (At least in NJ). They only test Emissions and that's it.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
What non foulers are you guys using? I can't seem to find any 18mm ones that are long enough.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I still have my car registered in VA as I don't want to have to go through Maryland Inspection. Theres the emissions hook up to OBDII and then I guess there is the overall full vehicle inspection. Wouldn't my car fail the full vehicle as there is visibly no cats?

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
I believe so. I know here in NJ at least, they used to put a mirror underneath the car to check for cats.

I still have my car registered in VA as I don't want to have to go through Maryland Inspection. Theres the emissions hook up to OBDII and then I guess there is the overall full vehicle inspection. Wouldn't my car fail the full vehicle as there is visibly no cats?

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
What are inspections? hahaaa

Good old Oklahoma. We just blow that crap over to the next state. lol

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I believe so. I know here in NJ at least, they used to put a mirror underneath the car to check for cats.

they drive the car over a camera now. It's a 50/50 shot with my experience, some of the guys drive over the camera and don't even look. Other's will look and then call you over if they can't see it. That's when the one lady ask me if the turbo was my cat. They told me they get fine if they pass a car that they can't visible see the cat.

delz05

forum member
Reaction score
My canned Roush tune would not pass the MA test. Brought the car up to Pete Johnson of Performance Dyno in Louden NH. Bumped rwhp up to 404 (from 347), made a whole bunch of adjustments (basically wrote a new tune) and I have had no problems at all since (2011, 2012 and 2013)

Prior to SC install, I had tune files from Chris @ Tillmans (now at AM i believe). Had to return car to stock tune every year to pass inspection. No big deal, but not an issue now....

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I just failed my NJ inspection but it was because they couldn't read anything off the PCM. Apparently 15 miles isn't enough to get everything reading. And yes I know this is an old thread but it still applies.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back