IBIZ World Class Wax or Crap?

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
I just picked up some IBIZ wax from BJ's Wholesale Club after a demonstration.

It smelled very strongly like mineral spirits. Not as bad as something like Brasso, but enough that I wanted to do some research before using it.

I called the number on the box, and was directed to an answer service. They took my message, and I then received a call back from someone at the factory, but unfortunately missed the call.

The gent rather rudely stated "if you read the label, it says right on it, contains petroleum distillates. It's on every label.".

Well, that's nice, but most things contain PD and it doesn't tell me what quality, etc or how much, and if it is enough to hurt the clear coat.

I am going to assume, yes, it is dangerous, as the demonstration pushed the fact that you could easily remove spray paint from your paint. Something about that didn't sit right with me.

I am just looking for something safe and nice short term because once I get my bumper resprayed I am going to use Polish Angel after a dawn dish soap wash, clay bar, and paint correction.

Anyone else have feedback about these guys? Should I return it?
I have also recently just read about Zaino on a Corvette forum.

Thanks all

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
Zaino is a great product. As for the IBIZ I would drop it back at BJ's. Currently I use MG M105 to compound. .. M205 to polish and either Blackfire or Pinnacle Carunuba paste for a finishing product. You will only find Zaino online. It uses an additive to help it cure fast. Very little Zaino is needed and it goes on easy and comes off just as easy. I love the Zaino detail spray as well.

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. How hard will it be to remove the Carnuba since it is temporary until I use Polish Angel?

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
Interesting. I had never heard of that. Something like this? http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-citrus-wash-red.html

Is it better than Dawn dish soap? I finally heard back from Polish Angel! They said my emails went to spam :-(.

I have heard of some people using certain cutters/cleaners such as wiping down the car with alcohol after the wash, clay bar, correction, polish, but before beginning the primer/sealant application. Not sure if that is right or not, so would love to hear other thoughts.

Thanks all

28ONE

Reaction score
Interesting. I had never heard of that. Something like this? http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-citrus-wash-red.html

Is it better than Dawn dish soap? I finally heard back from Polish Angel! They said my emails went to spam :-(.

I have heard of some people using certain cutters/cleaners such as wiping down the car with alcohol after the wash, clay bar, correction, polish, but before beginning the primer/sealant application. Not sure if that is right or not, so would love to hear other thoughts.

Thanks all

You can use Dawn however, it can leave a residue behind. Yes that CG product will work. The reason for a wipedown is to remove the polishing oils, however but be cautious as you may mar the paint. Using a product such as CarPro Eraser to clean the paint after polishing is a lot safer.

Which PA product are you going to use?

To removed old wax, I've used this product:
http://www.autogeek.net/coating-prep-polish.html

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
You can use Dawn however, it can leave a residue behind. Yes that CG product will work. The reason for a wipedown is to remove the polishing oils, however but be cautious as you may mar the paint. Using a product such as CarPro Eraser to clean the paint after polishing is a lot safer.

Which PA product are you going to use?

To removed old wax, I've used this product:
http://www.autogeek.net/coating-prep-polish.html

Fantastic. Thank you for the great info.

I am planning on taking this rather seriously, so I was going to get the works:
1) Master Compound
2) Master Polish II
3) Glasscoat Invincible Primer
4) Glasscoat Cosmic

I am thinking 100ml of cosmic so I can shoot for 10 coats like [MENTION]UltraKla$$ic[/MENTION]

28ONE

Reaction score
Fantastic. Thank you for the great info.

I am planning on taking this rather seriously, so I was going to get the works:
1) Master Compound
2) Master Polish II
3) Glasscoat Invincible Primer
4) Glasscoat Cosmic

I am thinking 100ml of cosmic so I can shoot for 10 coats like [MENTION]UltraKla$$ic[/MENTION]

2 coats is more than enough - there's only so many hours in a day - besides there's a 2 hour wait between coats. Be sure to check this out...

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120461

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back