Injector Cleaning/Testing (Bosch 160s)

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
Based on Lito's recommendation, I'm looking into having my set of Bosch 160lb injectors bench tested and cleaned. I've found a few references on places in here (one from the sticky injector thread), but their websites look a little sketchy. Knowing that may be no real indication of how good the place is, I figured I'd get some recommendations from the forum.

I originally got the injectors from Lethal Performance, probably sometime in 2011-2012. Lito had no issues tuning them for 1000 RWHP running E85. A few hundred miles later, and a stupid mistake (not checking my oil level), and I had a rod bearing failure. It took me a few years to get the motivation to fix it, and the car sat in the garage for roughly 2 years before I started working on it again. The injectors and intake manifold were on the car that whole time, and there was roughly 1/4 of E85 in the tank as well.

Lito has said these injectors don't do very well with sitting. After ruling out intake leaks and any O2 issues, it definitely seems like something is not right with the injectors. I'd like to get them flow tested and cleaned, as well as change the 10 micron filter in the main AN-10 supply line to the regulator.

What I'd like out of this test (and I'm not sure all are possible) is the following:

- Initial testing and report (proper operation, flow, etc)
- Cleaning
- Bench test for flow
- Balancing (if possible)

Any recommendations?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Injector dynamics would be my choice.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I called them up. They said normally yes, but they haven't been normal in a long time he said, LOL. They are so slammed with ID stuff they can't take those jobs now.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
I called them up. They said normally yes, but they haven't been normal in a long time he said, LOL. They are so slammed with ID stuff they can't take those jobs now.
Hmm. Well, I could call them I guess.

That's where people have been sending their injectors for service?

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
I just gave them a call and talked to a guy named Jay. They normally just clean/test, but given the circumstances, he's gonna look into doing a before and after flow test.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back