Just pulled the trigger on a 6060!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got advice from a forum member on a company on ebay that has them. Callled and found a new take-off 08 GT500 TR6060 transmission. Offered $1300 for it and they accepted!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im gonna let Mike do the install, doesn't sound fun without a lift!

Having it shipped to midatlantic performance since the shipping is cheaper to a business anyway.

Last edited:

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Congrats. I've been looking at grabbing one myself. I think it will compliment my 4.56s well to have an extra gear....
First I need to grab some new struts, shocks, and caster/camber plates. My shit is riding rough.

LAllison20

forum member
Reaction score
Me and my pops pulled the C4 out of his 66 fairlane, wasnt too bad. alot of fluid gushing all over the place from the torque converter though. But then again, could be a whole different experience with your 6060. I dont know mych about these trannys, what benefits will you get from this? better acceleration?? better durability?

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Me and my pops pulled the C4 out of his 66 fairlane, wasnt too bad. alot of fluid gushing all over the place from the torque converter though. But then again, could be a whole different experience with your 6060. I dont know mych about these trannys, what benefits will you get from this? better acceleration?? better durability?

Its not all that bad to do at home, the only issue is getting everything lined back up in the small space provided by doing it on the ground.

Benefits - the TR6060 is much stronger than the TR3650, the overall ratios will provide better performance for his setup all around.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

The 3650 is rated to 400tq, the 6060 is rated to 700tq.

The gear ratios are taller too which is going to great for the turbo.

Its not all that bad to do at home, the only issue is getting everything lined back up in the small space provided by doing it on the ground.

Benefits - the TR6060 is much stronger than the TR3650, the overall ratios will provide better performance for his setup all around.

:thumb:

Jeremy what are you gong to do about a clutch and driveshaft?

Earl

Im resusing the coast alum ds I have. Going to take out the mcleod RST's 10 spline clutch discs and have 26 spline hubs installed to fit the 6060's input shaft.

I think this is a good time to go back to a steel flywheel, vice the aluminum to help load the turbo as well.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got a stock gt500 shifter and linkage for $45.
Got the 6060 aluminum crossmember to mount it in the GT for $50.

I just need to find a shifter handle,a cool knob, and shifter pins to install the shifter.

Last edited:

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
This is an upgrade I have planned for the not to distant future. Not really impressed with the 3650. congrats

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back