Kenne Bell 2.6l install manual?

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
My KB 2.6l will be arriving in about 2 weeks and I can't find a install manual anywhere on the web. I would just like to be able to look though it so I can get somewhat of an idea to what tools I will need and if I will need a lift for what ever reason. So if anyone knows where I can find a manual or if anyone who owns a KB still has their manual that could post some of pages that shows what tools are required for the install, that would be great. Thanks in advance, Nick

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you definitely dont need a lift. ive done 2 with little more than a jack and jackstands. standard metric sockets and screwdrivers for the most part

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you have to trim some of the radiator support behind the passanger side headlight for the cold air kit to fit behind the front bumper

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yes part of the bumper support for the intake tube. its minor

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
you have to trim some of the radiator support behind the passanger side headlight for the cold air kit to fit behind the front bumper

What kind of material will have to be trimmed? Metal or plastic? And what kind of tool will I need to trim it with ( Airsaw, tin snips, saw saw, etc...)? Thanks for all the answers guys. Nick

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
metal. tin snips, grinder. whatever you got

rayS197

Reaction score
Yesterday I spoke with Matt @ KB and asked for a copy of the instructions. PDF or asked to be faxed. He stated they had it on paper and would be $20 for the instructions mailed to me. They would deduct the $20 when I made a purchase.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
if it wasnt so many pages id scan and make a pdf copy but then again with all the changes to the oem setups it would be outdated

jason0156

Kenne Bell Time
Reaction score
When I installed my 2.6l KB in Dec 2006 i got a manual with the kit. 3 monthes ago I got a Mammoth it was the same Manuel as the 2.6 kit. Lets just say the manuel with the mammoth was worthless!!!!

nycmikie1

forum member
Reaction score
you dont need it if your rev-ed up and want to get started take the hood off,the front bumper cover,drain your fluids and remove the intake manifold then jack up the car just enough to get your wheels off the ground and on horses remove your front tires both sides and drivers side inner wheel well and do yourself a really really big favor FORGET that 6 rib and go for the 8 rib and a thumper tensioner or you will be sorry!

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you dont need it if your rev-ed up and want to get started take the hood off,the front bumper cover,drain your fluids and remove the intake manifold then jack up the car just enough to get your wheels off the ground and on horses remove your front tires both sides and drivers side inner wheel well and do yourself a really really big favor FORGET that 6 rib and go for the 8 rib and a thumper tensioner or you will be sorry!

+1

also there are tons of install threads on the internet with tons of pics of the install

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It is time comsuming and you need to be a proficient soldering expert to get all the main harness extensions soldered back together.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've done two of these as well. Had a blast with each one. First one took me 40 hours by myself, taking my time. Second one was around 20 hours. Yes, you will need a soldering iron, especially on the MAF. I also had to buy some dielectric grease and a can of spray silicone lubricant. Everything else I already had in the garage, basic tools, jack, two jackstands. Wiring the KB boost a pump is a little time consuming, could save yourself some time by running a 10 gauge wire from the battery area to the fuel pump control module by the rear tire.

I would recommend getting the ThumpRRR tensioner. I have the KB super tensioner and haven't had any problems, but I haven't ran slicks either and only 8psi.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
damn 40 hours... The more I hear about this install, the more I am dreading it. :(

Yeah, but I was taking my time, breaking out the tools and putting them away, cleaning everything as I went, etc. Sometimes I could only work on it after work a few hours, so by the time I got out there and got in the groove, it was already after 10pm. I think I took longer than anyone else, world's slowest installer, LOL! But the sense of accomplishment is awesome and everyone is impressed when they see it and I tell them I installed it myself.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back