Kona Blue '11 GT + 60 hours paint prep + Zymol Vintage

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Just wish I was a better photographer, but definitely one of the wetter combos I've ever done :D

Last edited:

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Huh....I just dont see the point paying $2,000 for wax.....My professional grade 3M waxes, polishes, and glazes produce the same result at 1/1000 of the price.....

looks good though.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Huh....I just dont see the point paying $2,000 for wax.....My professional grade 3M waxes, polishes, and glazes produce the same result at 1/1000 of the price.....

looks good though.
You won't see a difference in waxes in a picture but your 3m waxes and glazes look absolutely nothing like zymol vintage or get even close to the same results in person if boh cars are prepped properly. Just because you can't justify it, does not mean there is not a difference. That $2000 wax is refillable for my life, so at my rate it comes out to be about $50 a filling for me. So at the end of it all I get a wax that's superior to pretty much everything for my life for that price. :D

Last edited:

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
You won't see a difference in waxes in a picture but your 3m waxes and glazes look absolutely nothing like zymol vintage or get even close to the same results in person if boh cars are prepped properly. Just because you can't justify it, does not mean there is not a difference.

Never said there isnt a difference.....but.....it all lies in the prep and procedure like you preach....I dont believe a $2,000 wax gives you results....its the hand and craftsmanship of the person performing the task.

Mach1Marauder

LARGE MEMBER
Reaction score

looks good though.

It looks good, but not THAT good! LOL!

Little info:

Vintage Glaze is based on a custom formula developed for the 1947 Bentley Mark VI Cabriolet by Franay, winner of several "Best of Shows" in its debut year on the Concours circuit. Among the protective ingredients in Vintage are Evergreen, Honeydew, Coconut, Cantaloupe and Sunflower oils. Suitable for all paint types and colours. Vintage contains 61 percent Brazilian No. 1 White Carnauba by volume, the highest in any automotive finish protective product.

This container is refilled for life at no charge. Important: You must use zymol HD-Cleanse to remove old wax, tar and stains before applying any zymol Waxes or Glazes; otherwise they will not bond to the paint surface.

Directions for Use:
1. Put a very small amount of the glaze into the palm of your hand. Use the warmth of your hands by rubbing them together, to melt the Carnauba. With your hands, gently apply the melted glaze in a light, even pattern over no more than 2 or 3 square feet of painted surface.
2. Let Vintage stand for up to five minutes
3. Using moderate to heavy pressure, wipe very slowly with a Zymol Microwipe (folded once) to a brilliant lustre before the wax is totally dry.
4. Buff lightly once more approximately 3 - 4 hours later to perfect the shine.
Note: Zymol Glazes are designed to provide maximum results with minimum product application. Apply small amounts of zymol Glaze for each application. Caution: Do not allow any zymol Glaze to dry.

Bryan

forum member
Reaction score
I use the 16.00 zymol at advanced auto and i own 2 black cars.

If the car gets bug juice or bird crap, it just whips off with a spray of detailer and a micro fiber.

Where did you find this new zymol vintage? 2000.00 holy sht

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I've had great luck with Ford paint jobs. Its mainly GM you need to worry except on the vette

I agree. Plus the 2011+ got a new clear which is rock hard.

I disagree.

You won't see a difference in waxes in a picture but your 3m waxes and glazes look absolutely nothing like zymol vintage or get even close to the same results in person if boh cars are prepped properly. Just because you can't justify it, does not mean there is not a difference. That $2000 wax is refillable for my life, so at my rate it comes out to be about $50 a filling for me. So at the end of it all I get a wax that's superior to pretty much everything for my life for that price. :D

Amen. It's an investment and if you go through that much it's a great one!

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I use the 16.00 zymol at advanced auto and i own 2 black cars.

If the car gets bug juice or bird crap, it just whips off with a spray of detailer and a micro fiber.

Where did you find this new zymol vintage? 2000.00 holy sht

It's not new. you should only buy Vintage from a certified Zymol dealer so they can set your paperwork up properly and registration for the refills. Zymol also has a formula called Royale, which costs around $7500, and a very very limited edition Solaris, which is about $30,000.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back